Going on 26 hour Fast - Ummm Scary! Not hungry....

Options
JohnnyLowCarb
JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
So when I first starting trolling the LCHF board I saw people post, "never hungry" & "I forgot to eat"...I was "yeah right - sure your not". Now that I am Keto adapted, I am never hungry and today I simply havent eaten. I ate lunch yesterday at noon, today only coffee with cream and I worked out at noon today - no time to eat even if I wanted to. So - it's 3:30pm and with the workout - I am not hungry. Having a lifetime of always being hungry and like clock work eating at least three meals, this is a bit scary, cool, concerning, awesome - all at the same time.

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ya, you'll have some hungry days and some less hungry days. As your satiety cues normalize, keep an eye on your weight, energy, mood, etc. and if any are dropping too much, you might need to add more food.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    Ya, you'll have some hungry days and some less hungry days. As your satiety cues normalize, keep an eye on your weight, energy, mood, etc. and if any are dropping too much, you might need to add more food.

Thanks @kirkor definitely understand about the some hungry some not days. For now I will just hold off, I might talk myself into breaking this tonight after my son's hockey practice, but we will see.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    yes, @johnnylew it's a very odd experience, isn't it? We are so conditioned throughout our lives to have 3 meals a day, snacks, carbs, dieting to a specific regime... and suddenly, we're faced with something that goes againt all convention - and it works in ways we could never have imagined experiencing....
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Sigh....I can't wait for this again....
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I went just over 24 hours fasting yesterday but not intentionally. I ate dinner around 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday morning I had a BPC. I brought lunch to work with plans to eat, but I had a very upsetting day with a coworker and I just never ate. I went for a walk right after to blow off steam and pent up energy and then to the gym for my class. Then ate after that, I was very hungry by then and it felt so good to finally eat.

I just find it crazy strange that I just wasn't hungry or even thinking about food.
  • CarlyIrene415
    CarlyIrene415 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I went just over 24 hours fasting yesterday but not intentionally. I ate dinner around 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday morning I had a BPC. I brought lunch to work with plans to eat, but I had a very upsetting day with a coworker and I just never ate. I went for a walk right after to blow off steam and pent up energy and then to the gym for my class. Then ate after that, I was very hungry by then and it felt so good to finally eat.

I just find it crazy strange that I just wasn't hungry or even thinking about food.

BPC keeps me satisfied for hours! It's so amazing (and delicious) :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I've done a fair amount of a 20:4 routine and that is normal for me. I did usually get hungry though!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    It really is weird, isn't it?

A year ago I fasted for a few days and only started eating again because I thought I should. It isn't always like that, and there are definitely hungry days but those non-hungry days were odd to experience at first.