HIIT?

Options
sclaibo
sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
What do you guys do for HIIT in stage 2? Do you run? I used to do something similar when I was only doing cardio: sprint for 2 min, walk for 2 min for a total of 20 min. Should I do something like that here?

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    That is my goal for S2. I just did 2A1 yesterday. Pretty sore today so I don't want to do too much as I know my muscles need good recovery, but I will prob do some rounds of speed rope, short box jumps or JJ's, bear crawls & knees to chest hanging form pull-up bar, 200m run, AMRAP for time 20 mins.....
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I thought there was a listed exercise in the book? I think it was something like walk 2 run 1 repeat 5 times (for total of 15 minutes). Then as you get farther increase the RPE [Rate of Perceived Exertion] for the run. So if your run feels easy, bump up the speed/incline. I've just been doing what the book says.

But any kind of HIIT will work I think. Though it does recommend no more than 15-20 minutes tops.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    You can do any exercise you want. However, I've found some are much harder than others to do full maximum effort. Make sure it's something that make you feel like you're going to die when you're doing it :)