abnormal muscle soreness

Options
2»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Random things that got rid of nearly all of my DOMS: DeFranco's Agile 8 later in the day after lifting, 3-4 contrast showers (30 seconds cold, 60 seconds hot for 5 minutes) per week, and 45-60 minutes of LISS recumbent cycle on all non-lifting days.

I seriously can't overemphasize how much of a difference those things made. I feel like way too many people on MFP in general undervalue active and passive recovery methods. Since I started using TRAC to measure my fatigue and recovery, I've noticed benefits toward all of my training metrics with the aforementioned things.
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i sucessfully survived my load-day and guess what? nothing happend. no soreness at all!

i am pretty sure, this keto cycling works only if you are already keto adopted. magnesium for sure also plays a role, anyway i raised my intake since weeks.

some more information about the last saturday:

i had 3 days of active regeneration, so i could be sure i have full power

saturday 11:30 end of workout. i shoot myself right away out of keto with 80gr of dried dates and 40gr of whey, followed by a meal with rice and potatoes.

13:00 believe it or not - 90 minutes later i could feel it. not some tiredness as usual, the trained muscels started to tingle and to be heavy swollen. this wanted effect i had for the next 7 hours.

20:00 no tingeling anymore and less swollen - so i eaten more carbs (same carb-meal over whole day btw...), but somehow this window was closed.

intake this day: total 2815 cal, 271 C, 148 F, 102 P

sunday evening: keto stix are already positive, monday morning: keto stix shows the usual color as always

as i am a big fan of n=1 experiments too, i had the whole sunday to think what i can do with this information and during this day i figured something out, i totally had forgotten:

my body reacts very sensitive on too much urin acid. i always had to be carefully on what i eat and how much. once i do over on protein or "fat" meat or some kind of fish, i end up in gout. since i am on keto, i eat that much fat meat, pork rinds and other things, i already should lie in my bed and cry cause of gout pain. well i dont...

that reaction on urin acid always keept me away from real heavy lifting iron and much protein. i cant tell how often i tried, but without any success cause of gout and i never wanted to take any medicine to keep the acid low.

this sunday was an eye opener to me, because on keto i dont need that much protein in my body and i decided to start this once more with the advantage if a controlled HIT workout. (yes its HIT, not HIIT)

the fact, that i burn on HIT much less calories with almost the same result as a typical three set workout, gives me much better controll over my daily calorie intake and the benefit of an extra load-day.

i am aware, that i am touching the "holy grale", building muscels and loose bodyfat at same time instead of bulk and cut - but i have to try it.

i will start today with a 3 split. one day pull, one day push and one day legs. this allowes me to rotate my load-day every 11 days to a different group of muscle for the next 5 weeks.