Any former athletes?

Options
I love seeing the success stories here on MFP, especially for people who are new to fitness and healthy eating. But are there any former athletes out there who, like me, have been in prime physical condition before, are experienced athletically, but are now finding it hard to meet current goals? I'd love to hear your stories and share ideas. For me, it has been hard to achieve my goals now that competition isn't my whole life.

p.s. thank you 2013holidaybody for creating this group!

Replies

• v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    sivapc,

I am not a former athlete, unless you count an early ballet dancing career cut short by height and a broken ankle!

But I can understand your dilemma. You will find your way ... it is trial and error for all of us.
  • urbliss777
    Options
    I trained in boxing for 5 years (on and off). Stopped because I couldn't get clearance to fight competitively, due to my congenital heart disease. My stamina is not as good since I am not doing cardio like I was when I was boxing. But I am starting body building in a few weeks.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm a former marathon runner and triathlete. Could pretty much eat whatever I wanted because I was always training for something, but between asthma and knee problems couldn't compete anymore and because I never really learned how to eat properly, gained a ton of weight. Things are a lot different now, especially since I'm older, much more conscious of what I eat.