May 3 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    teqv8na01cos.jpgolgp1qgq7u86.jpg

Several years ago, I was given the book, "Younger Next Year, for Men". I read the book; attended a one week basic training boot camp in Aspen, CO; and have read the subsequent book, Thinner this Year.
    I highly recommend the book for anyone who is over 50 and striving to live well into their 80's. This is the book that taught me about how to train properly using heart rate monitoring.

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Interestingly, I cannot seem to see tomorrow's May 4 date available to be able to post to that date.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Maybe because the world is ending . ;) My sister texted me at work yesterday that mom was having chest pains and she convinced her and my dad to go to the hospital. Way to make a person feel guilty. My dad was like I got it all under control. Your mom is fine they are keeping her over night for observation and she will have a stress test and we will be home tomorrow. Then he goes save your time off for when I am in the hospital. ;) because mom will need a driver. OMG they will be the death of me. So grandma is in room 505 mom 518 .

Exercise is done I am doing mega miles to stay calm.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    May 3
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked at 4km in 40 minutes (flat ground - yay!) then 2km in 25 mins near dusk.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Not eating back estimated exercise calories. Should I? If so, 100%, 50% or any other percentage? I set weight loss goal at 1 pound (0.5 kg) per week.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Another good read on heart rate monitoring is:

Heart Rate Monitor Book
    Edwards, Sally
    Published by Polar Electroinc
    ISBN 10: 0963463306

Read this when I first got a Polar heart rate monitor in 1999. (Yes. 18 years ago - I was a competitive ice skater at the time). It was published in 1993. It worked well for me back then.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @craigo3154 - Eating back exercise calories seems to be a bit of trial and error on what works for you. Personally I earn an additional 30-50% calories from exercise and find that if I don't eat any on a heavy exercise day then I am invariably so hungry the next day that I really struggle but I try not to eat more than 50% just because of how slow the weight loss is if I eat them all but that's not a hard and fast rule for me.
    When I started out I also used the fact that I could eat more as incentive for doing the exercise although as I'm getting fitter I need that incentive less (in fact I feel positively cheated when the weather is too bad for me to be able to cycle to work and enjoy it).
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hang inn there @am_change @2020pinktogo and @lovesretirement
    Thanks @pribud for a reminder to smile
  • Dosse1320
    Options
    Hmmmm, only the beginning of my reply got posted(again). Any ideas what I am doing incorrectly?
  • Dosse1320
    Options
    A good day. Walked 6 km in 53 minutes and 55 seconds. Tracked and within calorie limit.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute Cardio Drumming class, followed by a 60 minute Hatha Yoga class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; an hour hike, 35 minutes of a cardio kickboxing video, and 35 minutes of yoga
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Today was my rest day and I indulged in a little more than I should have but most of what I ate was healthy. My exercise was very light, about 20 minutes of walking. Food and water logged and just under my goal.
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 90mins cardio and lifting
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes