Macros/Cutting

Options
emilyluder19
emilyluder19 Posts: 13 Member
I have been lifting for about a year now, but I am still learning every day! I have decided to try and count macros to try and lose some fat this summer so my new muscles can be seen! Does anyone count macros or have any tips/foods that work well during a cut? Also, I am new so add me as a friend! I want to journey with some friends!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I like to follow these recommendations for macros by grams per lean body mass (or per goal weight).
    Protein: 0.8 to 1g
    Fats: 0.35 to 0.6g
    Carbs: The rest

Keep in mind these are minimums and can be adjusted to personal preference.

For cutting I prefer the flexible dieting approach. So in terms of foods, I would hit your macros mostly with nutrient dense foods you like and keep you satiated, then you can add a few treats (not so nutrient dense items) as you please.
  • khb33
    khb33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Use the website if it fits your macros to get your accurate macros.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Yes I did the IIFIYM website to get my macros
  • Wetikaba
    Wetikaba Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting for about a year now, but I am still learning every day! I have decided to try and count macros to try and lose some fat this summer so my new muscles can be seen! Does anyone count macros or have any tips/foods that work well during a cut? Also, I am new so add me as a friend! I want to journey with some friends!

I did for a while. It's hard to kick start your habits but works wonder. One of the most useful food: peanut butter in powder with added proteins. Super useful for a filling snack and upping your proteins without the fat