Make your own butter

Options
KaseyDH83
KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
newzmagazine.com/2017/02/03/youll-never-buy-butter-store-youve-made-two-ingredient-recipe/

Great video on how to make butter in your food processor! I grew up on a farm, and sometimes we would churn our own butter. It was so much better than what you get in the store. Never thought about making butter in my food processor. Will definitely have to try this out.

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, that's super! Yeah, I was always taught to put the cream in a jar, and to shake it until your arms dropped off! This is waaaaay better! A better bit of butter!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I always end up with whipped cream instead of butter when I try to make it by hand
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    When you use the 'shake the jar until your arms drop off' system, you need to keep shaking for a good 15 minutes, otherwise yeah, that's all you'll get. So near and yet so far!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Get the cream to room temp and it goes a lot faster
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I always end up with whipped cream instead of butter when I try to make it by hand

LOL. Relating. And I have sometimes ended up with butter when I wanted whipped cream. :p
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    If you want better than what is in the store, you need to get organic HWC to start. Most store bought HWC has caragean (sp?) added and may have other fillers.

That said, this looks like it is worth a try. I can definitely see making my own garlic butter this way.....
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you!! We have three lactating goats and will be making our own butter, yogurt, etc.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    goat butter is THE BEST