C-section ladies

Options
cimarrona27
cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
When you started loosing around your middle did you have any wierd numbness reoccur? I've been experiencing it the last few days. Between my scar and my belly button.

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I get the numbness but not necessarily with weight loss. Every once in awhile the scar area will get sore, too, even though I'm told you can't see the scar.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I have some numbness all the time always have since my first C section. I've had 2.
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This isn't for just C-sections (I haven't ever had one), but a general "to do" that my doctor suggested after my latest surgery (knee), also suggested for my husband when he had surgery on his shoulder. It's for after the scab has gone and you've got a scar, if you experience numbness:

"Place your fingertips gently against the scar, with or without lotion, and make small circles (roughly 1cm in width) over the numb area. If you feel a thickness in the scar tissue, spend more time gently massaging that area. It may cause some mild discomfort, but it shouldn't be painful or cause swelling when you are finished. If you experience pain, swelling, or your skin is hot to the touch, or red, please contact your doctor."

(This is translated from Danish, so the wording isn't perfect, and google translate was worse...)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Google translate: The best laugh you could have, in ages.
    That is very clear, @MzLazyBones.
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Off topic, (re: google translate) I just watched a clip of Anne Hathaway and Jimmy Fallon singing a song, translated to another language, and then translated back to English again. Very funny.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I will be punctual!! LMAO!!