I ate 3000 calories yesterday.. OMG!

Options
cmbx2mom
cmbx2mom Posts: 56 Member
I'm in my 4th week of reset. I've been working on adding calories in and haven't reached TDEE until yesterday. I can't believe I was even able to eat that much (I *thought* I felt fine previously eating 1500 calories a day). Here is how things are looking right now.

Pre reset I averaged eating 1567 calories with a TDEE of 2426 (according to my fitbit). I strictly tracked for 5 weeks before reset and did not lose a single pound during those weeks.

Reset data (average for day per week)
Week 1: eat 1906 cal, TDEE 2477
Week 2: eat 1966 cal, TDEE 2632
Week 3: eat 2286 cal, TDEE 2585
Week 4 (3 days so far): eat 2559 cal, TDEE 2553

In the past 4 weeks my weight has gone up about 2 pounds (although my belly feels huge). My plan is to hold here at TDEE for a few weeks and see if I can hold my weight steady. Then try and do a 15% cut.

I am exercising about 3-4 times a week with some cardio (running) and weight lifting (5-3-1).
My current stats 5'6" and 187 lbs.

Does this sound correct? I'm hoping I don't need a longer reset. My 1500 calorie days started around the beginning of the year, although I have tried to do it multiple times during the past 4 years or so with very little success.

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Reset length always depends on previous restriction (both length of time and severity)
    Reset is a phase of patience and healing. Do not try to rush things. If you rush into a cut your body will just see it as restriction again and and hang on tight to any fat stores!
    Here's a great article on it http://eatmore2weighless.com/metabolism-reset-series-take-slow/
    Take your time. You want to sit at your estimated TDEE for a few months ideally.
    You're doing great so far! Isn't it amazing how much more food you're able to and need to it!
    What positive changes have you seen? Strength increases? More energy?
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    When you get in 3000 calories of wholesome food....it feels fabulous!

I read it on forums, I read it in these threads, and it turned out to be true - the time to cut is when you really don't want to cut.
    If you're eating 3000 per day, and thinking "my cut is going to be 2700 - that's still plenty and will be pretty easy" then you're not ready.
    If you're eating 3000 per day, and thinking "2700?!?! Seriously?!? Where am I supposed to find 300 calories to sacrifice every day? I mean, I know I'm not going to the STARVING, but that's really annoying" Then you're ready. :)