Today is Day One for the 1,765,404th time...

Options
tdugger3127
tdugger3127 Posts: 2 Member
What can I say emotional eating is my downfall! I just turned 30 and have battled it for a decade now. I will do good for awhile but then the cravings will start and once I give in it becomes let's see how much fits in my stomach before I feel like barfing.

I'm hoping the support I find in these groups will maybe help me to break the cycle. I can't tell you how many MFP accounts I have started and deleted over the years when I get completely disgusted with myself and just give up. I try to just blend in among the hundreds of thousands of accounts on here and keep to myself but since it hasn't done me any good yet I thought maybe actively participating in something will help?

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you tdugger! glad you found us. I'm having my battles these days, just been giving in, grazing and justifying eating more than I need to for my activities. I really hope you find some strength and hope from our group, read some of the starters, there is good advce there and much of it has worked for me. I've been able to lose to get in healthy bmi range now, just struggeling to maintain it atm. :)
  • MidnightMinstrel
    MidnightMinstrel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can empathise with this completely. I feel for you. I am in exactly the same situation as you. Have started over so many times. But the positive thing is that we are here and we keep going. Maybe we could team up and support each other? Wishing you all the very best x
  • carazyg
    carazyg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 in June and I've had some of the same problems. This is my first time re-downloading MFP in years. I actually did good for a while back then... I was exercising with a coworker and tracking my food intake every day. I got tired of exercising, and was always over my daily allotment anyway, so I just decided, what's the point if I always eat more than I'm supposed to anyway? Needless to say, the last few years has been very gluttonous and lazy. Hopefully I'll be more dedicated this time around. It's summer and I'm too fat to fit into any of my shorts. Yet, I spend most of my day on the couch and/or eating. My personal response to "I'm so fat" is "I better eat something." Hope y'all can inspire me and we can help keep each other on track! I'm tired of being the way I've been.