MFP question

Options
sbtripp
sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
Is there a way to adjust the actual carb count in your food diary to account for fiber and erythritol? My counts look way higher than they actually are some days. I use the free MFP.

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    If you go under goal settings you can add fiber as something you track. I don't think so with the erythritol.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    There is a script you can use. Go to the main page of this forum. Open the Launch Pad. Open FAQ. Open "Which is it...". Scroll down the page and you will find it.

I'd just provide the link but there is lots of other good info for all in the "stickies" to find and read.

Hopefully I've provided the steps correctly. LOL.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Adding: previously I did just as @LowCarb4Me2016 . I added fiber to my tracked macros/micros and placed the order so that fiber followed carbs. I could see at a quick glance gross versus net. That could become problematic/incorrect though if you choose an entry the was entered incorrectly or was correctly entered by someone from across the pond where labeling of carbs already excludes fiber. It all gets sort of screwy/complicated.

I've recently just deleted fiber and look at total carbs. I' m pretty confident most of my entries are USA though not positive. I eat plenty of fiber by choice so know my net number is less than it actually shows and that works for me.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    The script will subtract fiber for you. Not the sugar alcohols though. There is a script for Firefox and Chrome only. And it doesn't work on the app. I just keep my carbs and fiber columns beside one another and just do the math. If you need to keep a running tally, you can type it in your Notes. Especially if you need to keep track of sugar alcohols, as all sugar alcohols don't subtract completely. Things like sorbitol and maltitol, and most others, you can only really subtract half, as they are partially absorbed and cause a blood sugar response. I think even xylitol has a little of a glycemic response. Erythritol can usually be completely subtracted though.