Keto fathead bread coated in bacon grease!

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
That's right... BACON GREASE!
I'm making bacon avocado chesse burgers for dinner... so I made some fathead pizza dough, added salt and Italian seasoning, and then coated it generously in bacon grease and the baked in bits in the pan! Cut it in rounds and added more bacon grease. I'll let you know how it comes out, and if it makes decent burger buns! So far it smells effing amazing!!!

Replies

• EryOaker
    Options
    Oh.mah.gawd!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    It was so delicious but so filling! I could only eat half of it!
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That looks YUMMY! Dangit now I want a burger HAHA
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Okay, that looks REALLY good!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    76fpzl5397mo.jpg
  • EryOaker
    Options
    I put the left over rounds in the fridge and omg they made great sandwiches the next day! The texture is great for sandwiches! I am going to make a triple batch and freeze them! That way I can have some quick bread for those indecisive or traveling days where a sandwich would be perfect!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    vx6jynjeaera.jpg
    gmdua1j6n8n7.jpg
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have to try these! Although I've been happy with romaine on my burgers or portobello caps but man these look so good!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    The texture was perfect! I saved some for sandwiches later and even after being in the fridge in a baggy, they were great!
  • MariahMichaels
    MariahMichaels Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Recipe you used for the fathead pizza dough?
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Microwave 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella with 2 Tbls cream cheese for 1 minute. While that is going, mix 3/4 cup almond flour with 1 egg (add salt and seasoning if you like). Have these items already out, measured/scrambled so that you can mix them together quickly before your microwave beeps. Stir the cheese mix and micro for 30 more seconds. Immediately incorporate the cheese and egg/flour mix together. Form into a ball, coat with oil/grease of choice. Then roll out between sheets of parchment paper. Poke it with a fork all over and Bake at 435 for 8-12 minutes. My oven takes about 10 minutes on convection.

If making pizza, cook and let cook before loading it up (lightly! It can't handle toppings like real crust)... bake at 350 or higher just until melty