SUNDAY 4/30/17 -- Sunday Weighers

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
Up 0.7 this week and not at all surprised (and happy it wasn't more).

145.4/141.6/140

I ate a lot of meals away from home beginning Friday night and running through this morning. I was volunteering at a charity fishing tournament at the beach this weekend so pretty much just grabbing something to eat when I had time.

But it was so worth it. My son and several of his buddies fish in this tournament every year. The tournament is to benefit pediatric cancer research at UNC Children's Hospital. This year they fished in honor of a friend's son who was diagnosed with leukemia a year ago. I got to meet him and his parents last night and I'll tell you what...that little boy (he turned 7 this past January) sure puts things into perspective! He is an amazing little boy who has a long road behind him and an even longer one in front of him; but you would never know it.

Okay...enough rambling. How did the other Sunday weighers do??

Replies

• beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    P.S. My son's team raised $26,000 (exceeded their goal of $25,000) for pediatric cancer research and came in second of money raised by the 70 boats that were fishing. The one that came in first had $100,000+ but they also had a corporate sponsor. My son's boat's money was ALL through donations by friends and families of the anglers.

Total raised by all boats this year was $517,000 and 100% of that goes to the UNC Children's Hospital to be used for pediatric cancer research.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Stepped on the scale not so good need to really dig deep to get my evening mind set right. out of control.

Cindy what a wonderful thing your son and you are doing to help an important organization!
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Down 1.4. That's really a lot for me, though I weighed in a few hours later in the day than I usually do, so it's probably somewhat inaccurate.

155.8/126.0/120. GW is my personal goal. I've been maintaining below my official WW goal of 132 for almost 6 1/2 years, but haven't been down to my personal goal for a few years and I'm trying to get back there.

Great work by your son and his team, Cindy.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    You must be very proud, Cindy