Atlanta - any gluten free/paleo friendly all day breakfast places?

Options
Hamsibian
Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
Hi everyone,

I am going to visit my sister in Atlanta next weekend. She wants to go to an all day breakfast place (for dinner) for her birthday. Are there any options that are paleo/at least gluten free friendly? It would be better if they were a little conscious about cross contamination.

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    You could call them ahead of time and discuss it with them... a colleague of mine is severely coeliac, and she has to be so cautious about what she eats and where... if she knows she's going to be dining out, she calls the restaurant ahead of time and discusses her situation with the management or even, on occasions, the chef him/herself..... so far, so good....
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    The Flying Biscuit has multiple locations in Atlanta and breakfast all day. But it's the south, so everything pretty much comes with a biscuit but I'm sure you could find something that suits your taste (I always do). I'd either call ahead or just ask the server when you get there about your concerns. Pretty much all breakfast places cook on the same grills as other food and cross contamination happens a lot. Are you gluten-free by choice or celiac?

Other Atlanta options for all day breakfast: Highland Bakery and Folk Art (yes, weird name).
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks! I am actually not too concerned about cross contamination. I am on the Autoimmune Protocol + low carb, but even my house is not gluten free (thank goodness I'm not celiac; I have Crohn's Disease). I just wanted to know if there were restaurants that are more conscientious, but any recommendation would be helpful. :)