Sucralose, Keto no no?

Options
Just wondering. I know everyone reacts differently to artificial sweeteners. I've gone to Starbucks a few times and got a SF vanilla iced coffee. The SF syrup has sucralose in it. I don't think it's doing anything negative so I guess I'm in the clear to use the SF syrup for myself at home?

Replies

• eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It is all a case of YMMV. I'm like you and get my Starbucks with the SF vanilla and it doesn't have any impact on me. I also use plain liquid sucralose drops in my tea at home. Some SF sweeteners affect some people while not others. It is all an experiment to figure out what works best for you!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Never bothered me. I use stevia at home and whatever is available elsewhere. Low maintenance. :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    FYI, the liquid versions of sucralose (yellow squeeze bottle) and stevia (green) don't have those *kitten* added sugars (dextrose, maltodextrin) that come in the powder packets.
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda(sucralose) in my tea(s) and I have a lot...no ill effects on weight loss. I have cut my pop way down but still have close to a litre a day of aspartame as well.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I used to use Splenda until I realized it was causing my muscles to cramp painfully, especially in my shoulders & neck so I quit. But it never affected my weight loss. I used saccharine for years with no issues but have since quit all sweeteners except a few drops of stevia here and there.
  • RalfLott
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Smoked33 wrote: »
    I use Splenda(sucralose) in my tea(s) and I have a lot...no ill effects on weight loss. I have cut my pop way down but still have close to a litre a day of aspartame as well.

Pure? ;)
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I've been using liquid sucralose for almost a year now, it hasn't affected me. I started using splenda years ago, though. I get mine online.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Never bothered me. I use stevia at home and whatever is available elsewhere. Low maintenance. :)

^^^^This is what I do as well.

I do use a few things because of my husband, that have sucralose or Splenda, I'm working on him, progress not perfection. Doesn't seem to effect my weight loss, and he doesn't seem to have his BG levels escalate when he has those treat things. He is recently T2D, controlling through diet and exercise so far.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I've never liked it. But I don't have a sweet tooth either. I do notice when I do get some usually when people have made "keto desserts" or something it gives me a wicked case of the farts. Room clearing in their noise producing capacity alone. I'm quite the fog horn.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I've never liked it. But I don't have a sweet tooth either. I do notice when I do get some usually when people have made "keto desserts" or something it gives me a wicked case of the farts. Room clearing in their noise producing capacity alone. I'm quite the fog horn.

Post clip!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    noooooooooooooo. I'll let you know next time It happens though. You'll probably be able to hear me.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    noooooooooooooo. I'll let you know next time It happens though. You'll probably be able to hear me.

Will I wish I had a bite guard to keep my fillings intact?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Will I wish I had a bite guard to keep my fillings intact?
    Bwahahahahaaaa! :joy: Another quote-worthy zinger, as per the usual.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Happy Monday :'(
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    You guys are too much! lol OP, I use a variety of sugar substitutes and don't seem to be affected negatively by any of them: liquid sucralose, occasionally splenda packets when certain recipes call for it, Liquid stevia, powdered stevia, Erythritol , Xylitol, and Just like Sugar. I personally choose not to consume aspartame so that it one that I definitely stay away from.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    You have the coveted Xylitol-negative gene, it appears. I flunked that test shortly after my first (only) purchase. It was a cheap test, and the outcome was easy to remember. :s
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    You have the coveted Xylitol-negative gene, it appears. I flunked that test shortly after my first (only) purchase. It was a cheap test, and the outcome was easy to remember. :s

(heh). Although I haven't had any negative experiences with Xylitol, I prefer the taste of Erythritol myself over Xylitol because it has less of that mouth-cooling thing going on.