Honeymoon Phase?

Puppies4Lovies
Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
How would you describe your "honeymoon phase"? Was it that you couldn't get in very many calories, so weight was dropping? Or was it that you were losing well at 800-1000 or more calories? What was your experience in the beginning months/year, and why so you think the honeymoon is over? Or did it ever end for you? Did you even have one?

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    In the early days i was never hungry and half a small baby jar left me stuffed
    After about a year hunger started returning and physically i could eat more

Im more than 3 years out now, im ravenous if im under 1500 particularly on active days

I can also eat EVERYTHING.

Ive had a regain due to developing hypoglycaemia. My blood sugars were very low in pregnancy so i was made to eat hourly. The dietitian sent biscuits and suggested they make me eat toast and jam too. Coupled with months in active in hospital and up my weight went

Working on getting it all back off using MFP and exercise
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Hi @Jen_VSG2017 I guess my "honeymoon" was about 10 months post vsg. With in a few months I was eating 1,500+ calories. I settled in at a weight the surgeon said was "ideal". Then about 8 months later I developed shingles which cut my activity levels and gave me more time to snack on junk. Gained 8 lbs or so. That's when I got mire serious about cutting refined sugars and carbs. And I'm back to being active. I eat 2-3k calories a day now. I stay active and try to eat "healthy" most of time. Losing about a pound a week since December.