Weekly mini goal challenge - week of 5/1

Options
Calvin2008Brian
Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
Weekly mini goals really work! They allow us to adjust focus while still aiming toward a broader long-term target. Setting small goals also provides opportunity to challenge ourselves and (maybe) create new habits.

A weekly mini goal can be scale or non-scale related. Done right, smaller incremental goals let us enjoy an accomplishment here and there along the way, but, ideally, are never set so high that they cause undue stress if we fall short.

If you want to join in this challenge, just jump in!

What is your weekly mini goal this week?

How did you do with last week's mini goal?

Replies

• Calvin2008Brian
    Options
    Last week: aimed to lose 1.5 - 2 lbs. Mission accomplished, as I'm down 1.5 since last Monday.

This week: 5 days under 1800 calories. It'd be good to increase activity too, but I'm sticking with the spirit of the mini goal and keeping it uncomplicated. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Lol.
  • trothaar
    trothaar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Last week: Aimed to track every day, stay within my calorie allotment every day, and lose 1#. I tracked every day and lost 3#, although I did screw up yesterday and go over my calorie allotment.

This week: Same as last week -- track every day (even if it gets ugly, like yesterday), stay within my calorie allotment every day, and lose 1#.
  • trothaar
    trothaar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job, Calvin!
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I rejoined WW a little over a week ago. My goal is to track points in real time rather than playing catch-up at the end of the day.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Met my mini goal of weighing/measuring/tracking everything last week.

Didn't meet my mini goal of losing a pound. Instead I gained 0.7.

Same mini goals for this week. Plus 1 more -- Walk for at least 15 minutes every day (and pray that my back/hip can take it).
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My goal was to stay under my daily calories for 5 of 7 days and not rely on cardio calories earned. Technically I missed with only 3 days. But I am pleased that on those 3 days I was under by an average of 128 and on 2 I was over by an average of 85. Also burned a 2 year record cardio calories walking last week, over 5,000. Tomorrow WI should tell the tale.

Same goal next week. Daily tracking, 5 of 7 days below calorie goal without cardio. I am now up a minimum of 1 hr of walking a day and intend to continue.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to track all my food today. Tomorrow I will have the same goal. Each day till next week I will have a series of one day mini goals.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Last week I missed this thread.

This week May 1-7 I should get my new Fitbit in mail tomorrow, plan on walking more. Mini goal four days 10K steps, three at least 7,000 for 61,000 steps for week.
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Mini goal: Average daily calorie intake for the week will be below my daily target.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Options
    Mini goal: Average daily calorie intake for the week will be below my daily target.

I like that and will probably steal it some week.
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    @Calvin2008Brian - This gives me the flexibility to have higher or lower days as needed. Now all I have to do is make it work. I've been trying to get there for a while now, sometimes with more success and sometimes with less. Go for it!