Weigh In: May 2017

Options
Squirrelnaut
Squirrelnaut Posts: 53 Member
I did my weekly weigh in yesterday, and while I had a pretty big backslide in the middle of the month I at least came out ahead.

Current Weight: 291.8
Start April Weight: 294.2
Total Lost: 123.2

My birthday was in April so I also bought new clothes for the first times since starting to lose weight at the beginning of last year. Mostly to shut up all the women in my life who kept complaining about my baggy clothes. :D

Replies

• PatrickMcCarron
    PatrickMcCarron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking on posting here updates but been doing Keto since January-ish. Had a few plateaus but overall still losing and finally broke thru a plateau recently. Two pounds from my lowest weight last year right now.

Current Weight: 335
    Start April Weight: 343
    Total Lost: 21.7 (since January 16th)
  • Scallysama
    Scallysama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started a week ago. I've replaced almost all of my regular foods with healthier alternatives. Burgers to sandwiches, fried chicken to grilled, Coke to tea, chips to yogurt and apples, etc.

Current Weight: 197.9
    Start April last week Weight: 202.7
    Total Lost: 4.8

I'm slightly worried I might be losing too fast, but I heard it's always faster in the beginning. The cravings are real, but I'm sure I'll adjust.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, glad to see some familiar faces and some newer ones. I notice you, Patrick, that you tend to have stuff going and glad to see you over the hump for sure. Scallysama that is pretty normal in the beginning. I remember for moving out and changing my diet I dropped about 20 pounds pretty quickly. Cutting out that much soda and the fried food is super helping on getting things on track. Keep it up and stay on yogurt and fruit for sure.

Also, Squirrelnaut posting something in the Changing Worst Diet that I think is worth checking out.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/post/quote/10545762/Comment_39470221
  • nelly_1981
    nelly_1981 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    13 stone 9 3/4 so 3 pounds down but the sad truth is ive flat lined. got a few compliments about my weight loss, believed the hype and took my eye off the prize. No point in making excuses cos i know were i went wrong.

But its time for a second wind! its game day, and you all know what we do on game day.....
  • Salamankor
    Salamankor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Havent checked in for awhile. I'm down to 141.6 lbs from a starting point of 191.3 last June. Never had any success with keeping my weight controlled before this. Thanks everyone for all the motivation.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    That's why I love helping ya out. You just keep at it and just keep your eyes on the prize. We got some people here that can really help out.
  • Rwa55
    Rwa55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    And I'm back. Last couple weeks have been a bit more crazy than I thought. Last week of April I went to San Antonio for a conference and had nothing but Mexican food and Margaritas.
    Last week finished up the semester so everyone kept wanting to celebrate so I was at the bars a lot.
    Previous Weight:160.717
    Now: ??? -- Turns out the batteries in my scale are dead. But Because of the last couple of weeks wouldn't be surprised if I went back a couple steps.

Back to the grind!
  • Garethsuri
    Garethsuri Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    After lapsing on posting I decided I should come back because I miss you you all :P. that and I feel like I'm bring a bit of a let down! haha.

Anyway, currently sitting at 91kg which is down 5kg since January. I'd personally put it down to getting a more active job and more consistent eating. It does cost me about £10 a day for food at work and to be honest I like saving money so I have been more consistent with cooking.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    Hey! Yeah, I've been busy working and enjoying the birthday and such. I didn't eat all that great this week with celebrations. I've been meaning to drop a little hello but always ended up getting side tracked. I wish my job was more active, it's a physical job just there are some low/slow points during the day and I get bored easily.

You're not a let down for sure, I'm happy to see you here just like I'm glad you all are posting. 10ish a day on food ouch. I'm super cheap when it comes to feeding my own body. Keep it up though.
  • Garethsuri
    Options
    Haha cheers sir, but honestly the whole let down thing was mostly sarcasm. Though I suppose that doesn't quite carry on the Internet.

As far as work, yeah we have our quiet moments but since I work security at an airport now I am spending 90% of my shifts on my feet (actually in terms of steps it's about 19 miles a day).
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    I fuel airplanes actually :) so I know that walking life, are you TSA? 19 miles is no joke, on a good day I do about 5-6, but on slow days I do about 2.

Much love, yeah internet can be tricky, glad it was sarcasm, I'm a care bear what can I say hah
  • Garethsuri
    Options
    I'm over in England so we don't have TSA, though depending who you ask that's probably a good thing since they seem to have a bad rep.

I think I do similar though in terms of job, search people, bags, unattendeds. I just try to be decent with the passengers though, a lot of the time they make genuine mistakes.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    Yeah most TSA isn't bad from working there it's just the rep you get when you work TSA.
  • Garethsuri
    Options
    Fair, it's the same old thing of the bad press taking president over the good then?
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    Yeah pretty much that. I mean I'd say they are more lazy atleast at my airport. But it's also a smallish hub so we don't have to worry too too much.
  • Garethsuri
    Options
    In other news, I accidentally pulled a 140kg deadlift. On one hand I'm happy I made it but on the other I'm annoyed that I made such a stupid mistake (misscounting the weight). It could have meant serious injury. Double check your weights kids!