Restriction with Purees?

Options
Puppies4Lovies
Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
How much restriction did you experience with thinner purees that are similar to thin applesauce or yogurt....not quite a puree but not a liquid either? Like, in between the two.

Replies

• clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not much! Chunkier food and real food feel very different.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I feel restriction with just about anything I eat but the more dense the food, the less it takes, such as solid protein like meat vs. soft food like yogurt or something.
  • Puppies4Lovies
    Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am only 14 days post op so I've only just introduced some purees and I notice much more restriction than with thick liquid. I had some refried beans that were thinned a bit last night and was stuffed after just a couple small bites. Had some quacamole today and that gave me a very full feeling on a few small bites.
    It's nice to go from liquids to purees and feel the restriction working! Feels great!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Also try mashed potatoes with cheese melted on top..that helped me along with the Ricotta Bake from the World According To Eggface
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I had half a first stage baby jar thinned with milk or gravy at that stage. Best thing i had tasted lol
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I was actually afraid to eat. Had a co-worker who actually burst her staple line by forcing herself to over eat, so I was told. Maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't but I wasn't taking any chances. What I did out of fear was to take a tiny bite, chew it for 25-30 times (not much left after that much chewing), swallow, set my timer for 2 minutes and then take the next bite. I would dust, vacuum, put the laundry on, etc at meal time while I was waiting for the next bite. After 10 - 12 bites I would stop because I was told not to exceed the 30-minute mark for eating. I also used my food scales and I think I probably got down between 1 - 2 ounces.