The best thing for women looking to change their bodies....

Options
Marr2365
Marr2365 Posts: 4 Member
I am 52yrs old and menopause is been my obstacle, most of you women on here don't have to worry about that but you still get that monthly bloat. 2 things have dramatically helped me.
I do an elixir every day. 1tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, lots of lemon, a little organic local honey and a sprinkle of cyan pepper. This regulates your blood sugar and is a great probiotic. Because it helps regulate blood sugar, you don't get as hungry. No sugar spikes and crashes anymore.
The 2nd thing is cardio weightlifting. It has been my staple since 2000. I use Les Mills on demand. $14.00 a month on my Roku. I have 5-15lb hand weights and a large fitness ball to do that class. It is a lot like HIIT. You do high reps, low weights and you keep adding weight as you go. I have lost major inches and fat and replaced with toned muscle. Don't worry you wont get big, you will get fit. You will look like a fitness model in months. I do 3, 55min body pump classes a week. That is 630 squats a week, that has to work., right??? I'm pushing out all the fat and my butt looks like a 30yr old. I've had to lose 40lbs, I'm more than half way. I can see the transformation in just 3 months. People don't recognize me, which is the greatest compliment.
Weights for women are the best thing for bone density for your future, it is an investment. You spike your heart rate constantly which is the best thing for your heart muscle, keeping it strong. It helps your libido by progesterone increasing from getting stronger. Builds confidence, helps you stand up straighter and taller, and gets rid of cellulite.
Best thing is....Not only do you burn 500 calories a class but you also burn calories throughout the next 2 days by muscle recovery.
Girls, GET ON THE BAND WAGON!!!!! Go pump iron!!!

Replies

• sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    51 and learning all about that menopausal thing! I do use weights and am hoping to see some bodyfat melt away! I have always been a cardio girl but over last couple yrs started focusing on lifting more and slowly beginning to see some changes!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    We have a Group for That Age, by the way.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I second the Les Mills app! I hit early menopause at 43 :neutral: the only upside seems to be a lack of those daily weight fluctuations...
  • theonenonlymrssmith
    theonenonlymrssmith Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the idea! I just started an acv/lemon juice cleanse and look forward to discovering its benefits. Ive always used ACV when I was sick as an immune booster, but will keep it in mind for other things now.