healthy, quick meals + snacks.

GtbFitBrit
GtbFitBrit Posts: 42 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
This discussion will be for healthy and quick (few ingredients) meals and snacks that you can make in 10 mins or less, take with you, and easy to calculate calories, protein, carbs, fat, and fibre since there are little ingredients you will need for them. if you know of a good recipe for this discussion please feel free to add :)

Replies

• GtbFitBrit
    LUNCH:
    Crunchy Wrap:
    grab 1 small brown tortilla shell, spread 1 tbsp peanut butter on it, sprinkle 1 tbsp of honey bunches of oats cereal (or your choice of crunch) and roll up a banana in it.
    calories: 310 Protein: 7.3g Carbs: 49.1g fat: 11.1g fibre: 6.3g
    even though it seems high in carbs, its mainly complex carbs, which are what helps your body function properly and keeps you satisfied, and its made of healthy fats and a good amount of calories for a lunch choice. When i tried this for the first time i thought "holy i'm getting so full." I actually had to stop half way through and take a few minute break, which its always good to eat slowly since it takes your body about 20 mins after starting to eat to make itself think your full.
  • GtbFitBrit
    LUNCH:
    Scrambled eggs:
    fork 3 large egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/3 cup milk (i use 2%) in a small bowl. grate 10g cheese (i use marble). pour egg mixture into warmed pan on medium heat, sprinkle cheese on top. sprinkle pepper, for taste (optional). scramble until fully cooked.
    calories: 253 protein: 32.5g carbs: 6.8g fat: 10.8g fibre: 0g
    I personally don't use oil, or butter when making scrambled eggs, cuz its just added fat. i so use olive oil when needed for like dippy eggs or omelettes though.
  • GtbFitBrit
    LUNCH:
    Turkey Roll-Ups:
    take 2 slices of packaged deli turkey slices, 2 oz heated chicken sliced (this is the chicken that's prepackaged, stripped and with skin) grate 30g cheese (i use marble) and roll half the chicken and cheese up into one turkey slice, then the same for the other. the turkey slices may start to rip so be careful. once half eaten it starts to stay together better.
    calories: 220 protein:18g carbs: 1g fat: 5.3g fibre: 0g
    this dish is very satisfying to me. and low in calories is awesome , plus low in fat, which is mainly from the skin on the chicken. so you can use just normal chicken breasts. i just used the prepackaged stuff b.c its quick and easy if i don't have any normal chicken breasts cooked up.
  • GtbFitBrit
    DINNER:
    Chicken Marinara Pasta:
    cook and drain 1/2 cup whole wheat noodles (about 15 mins from boiling point), heat 1/2 cup marinara sauce, grate 30g cheese, and cook 4oz chicken breast, cubed, or stripped. mix together, makes: 1 serving.
    calories: 466 protein: 35.8g carbs: 37g fat: 22.3g fibre: 5.7g
    this one takes abit longer to make, but is very satisfying when you need carbs. and is very impressive calorie wise for a dinner choice.