Venting...

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
UGH!!! I'd just like to take a small moment, stomp my feet and complain! I've been doing everything right and haven't cheated on my diet once in the last two months. I know this up/down/up cycle is normal...but dang it, it's so frustrating!!! I got down to within 4 pounds of my goal and then promptly went up 3-4 pounds! And it seems as though I'm staying there. I know I know, give it time. But can I just throw a tiny fit first and get it off my chest?

Here's to allowing yourself to be fussy and mad at this whole process! Having those small moments of diet-induced-tantrums and them moving on. Time to make some bacon and eggs.... and maybe some fathead pepperoni pizza for lunch!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    YES!!!

I think I'm up a couple pounds this week...and I haven't made much in the way of real scale progress this year...so, here's to just stomping that scale flat and primal screaming!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Venting is perfectly acceptable! Sometimes you just need to scream to clear your head to start problem solving or refocusing. :)
    I got down to within 4 pounds of my goal and then promptly went up 3-4 pounds!

Have you considered that your goal weight and what your body considers your ideal weight are a few pounds different?

Given where you're at, I highly recommend changing your focus from the scale to body composition.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What is a fathead pepperoni pizza?
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was anticipating hitting my weight loss goal today that would equal 10% of my body weight gone. I only had to lose .2 lbs. Did I? Nope. Up .6. Lying McLiarPants scale!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    What is a fathead pepperoni pizza?

This is.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    YES!!!

I think I'm up a couple pounds this week...and I haven't made much in the way of real scale progress this year...so, here's to just stomping that scale flat and primal screaming!

Here! Here!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    g1kdt3a1knks.jpg
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    It just isn't linear, is it?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Weight. My kids. Stock market... Dang it. Nothing is predictable anymore.
    ;)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hugs.

Been there, done that. Stomp and holler all ya want.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to take measurements of your body, health markers, notice your energy/mood/skin/hair improvements, too! Those NSVs are also worth trouble.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Burpee tantrums work really well @MyriiStorm lol.
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh how frustrating! I totally think a small tantrum is perfectly warranted. When we are doing everything right and that evil lying scale just knocks us off our game, it is so frustrating. And there is never a good reason to explain why!!! Keep working it, keep doing what you know you need to do. We will all be here to celebrate with you when you nail that goal!!!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Vent away. But it will even out.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Been there, am there. But I no longer get frustrated, I look at where I started, where I am. It took a long time to get over weight, now I have to give it more time to get down to where I want to be.pc8laf6gph80.png
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

Have you considered that your goal weight and what your body considers your ideal weight are a few pounds different?

Given where you're at, I highly recommend changing your focus from the scale to body composition.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

This was my thought as well. I have a 10 pound range I'm shooting for as my goal range.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    I think stomping and tantrum throwing count as aerobic exercise. ;)

You win best reply award!!!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Lol. Awesome point of view! I had a mini vent yesterday, might make it full on today for the aerobic win!