Help with Nutrient intakes

Options
goose1382
goose1382 Posts: 1 Member
Question to any survivors, I'm supposed to watch my sodium intake.. but where should I go to find out how much I can have.. I have seen things that say 2000 is max 1500 is ideal. But how do I know for sure? I'm supposed to go see a Nutritionist but have yet to get an appointment. Also what else should I watch for? How much of what should I be taking in? I'm also finding it hard cause I am losing weight and am very light as is. I should actually GAIN weight not lose it so that. Any help or advice would be fantastic thank you all!

Replies

• susankimball84
    susankimball84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been told 200 is max.I am amazed how much sodium is in regular foods even those unprocessed.
    My Dad died last June from heart than kidney issues than my brother while waiting for a heart transplant and had an LVAD died.I have high blood pressure which has led to an enlarged heart and congestive heart failure.
  • susankimball84
    susankimball84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I mean 2000 is max for me
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't know. I have low blood pressure and was advised that it was fine to eat salt ... I think it's a different story if you tend to have high blood pressure. If I was losing weight for no reason when already light, I'd go to see my doctor, in case there's something else going on. Sorry to not be of any help!