Make Friends with your Body. (also my story)

GtbFitBrit
GtbFitBrit Posts: 42 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
look at yourself in the mirror, do you like what you see? alot of us notice only our flaws. to truly accept ourselves we need to focus more on what we like, or love about our bodys. maybe its our butt, arms, face, hips or even neck... you should find at least one thing you like about yourself physically and try to remember that even though we see our own flaws, chances are, others dont even know about them.
i can remember when i was young and didnt think about body image yet. i was in grade 4 and wasent conscious about making sure my body looks okay. i then was pulled out of class one day to do a Dove Body Image program and they told us to draw a picture of ourselves on a piece of paper, so i did jokingly. but as i looked at the paper and noticed i drew myself as a big bubble with a head, arms and legs i realized that is what i look like... i drew myself fat, which i kind of already knew i was, but i didnt care before that moment. thats when i started to realize that i needed to care about my looks and lose weight. i then starved myself and then binged and cried myself to sleep cuz i wasent happy with myself, and i didnt have a very good support system, my mother always hid in her room, the only time she came out was to fight with her boyfriend when he was threatening to leave her, and then he would and she would sit on the floor and cry for hours. i thought that was normal... but thats a different story. at school i seen other girls and thought wow they're really pretty and popular. but i knew i was me, and they were them, we were both blessed with different things. i wasent ment to be popular, even though as i got older, it turns out, popularity doesnt really matter and people did notice me and i was known, and had lots of friend so that technically ment i was popular, right? well now i look at today and i have not one friend... im not even jokeing, i have my aunt, mom, kid brother, nan, 3 kids, fiance and his side of the family.. i dont hang out with anybody ! and i dont care ! i look at myself in the mirror and i personally like my butt, outer thighs, arms, and upper back. my belly is horrid, and i blame that on my 100 lb weight gain and haveing kids.. but now that im at an almost ideal body weight for my height im fine with going about my business, and if i lose the belly then i do, if i dont, well whatever... i did try loseing it so many times but i cant seem to get rid of my front butt, and it looks like im wearing underwear when im not.. thats what i hate about my body, but now im going to focus on more of what i love about my body physically and myself mentally and hopefully good things will come :)
i challenge you to do the same !