Candida overgrowth/dieoff/yeast issues - possible tmi

Options
2»

Replies

• Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant back many years ago, I had gestational diabetes (should have been my first clue) and had yeast infections. Please...check yourself out for this.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh thanks for the info definitely not an area of concern but it does make sense.

I went to the dr yesterday and she seemed perplexed at the cracking on the corner of my mouth and said it could be a yeast overgrowth though they don't commonly see that. she said to try athletes foot cream on it and see if it helps, I started that yesterday and it has helped so I know for certain this is a candida issue, but don't try convincing a conventional dr of that they will look at your cross eyed. I got the syntol amd recommended earlier in the thread yesterday and took 2 last night and 2 this am, gonna keep that up and see how things go.

@aquawave definitely not pregnant, we've actually been trying for many years now with no luck so id be aware if I were, also just had blood work done and my bg and a1c were perfect, dr checked into that to make sure it wasn't like a sudden onset of diabetes

she also thinks my post nasal drip is allergies but I have never tested positive for allergies and I understand things can change but allergy medicine doesn't help it, only Sudafed does so I don't think its an allergy thing, im near certain its a fungal thing

• dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Many have similar trouble with very low carbs and often stop low carb as this is not tolerable. Try carbs at different levels to find your best place. It is very doable to be low carb and not miserable with this.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    Many have similar trouble with very low carbs and often stop low carb as this is not tolerable. Try carbs at different levels to find your best place. It is very doable to be low carb and not miserable with this.

I haven't been very low carb for a while, im in the 80-100 range and over the weekend I was much higher, but for about two months before it was in the 80-100 range. last year I was much lower carb and didn't have this issue, its only been in the past two months. I really don't know what's causing it, but I started back to low carb in march and then April went to high protein low fat moderate carb and now im keeping carbs the same but flipped some protein to fats. im really hoping the probiotics help take care of it and I added yogurt back in to my diet so fingers crossed this will level things out.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't do any sweeteners so I ❤️ plain Greek yogurt every day
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    I don't do any sweeteners so I ❤️ plain Greek yogurt every day

Same here I love the really thick stuff too. I've been using siggis plain, but picked up some fage yesterday I hope it's good