Cheating bites

Options
ZRx4
ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
Anybody else?

I'm having a hard time not taking bites of my kids food. I make everything from scratch, so it's hard to cook and know if things taste ok. Like I made gf blueberry muffins for my kids school, for teacher appreciation and I had to have a tiny piece to make sure it tasted ok. I'd be mortified to send something that didn't taste yummy. Then I made their oatmeal last night, to have for breakfast and I had to taste it, ok it was like 3 small bites. Then, this morning, my 2 year old didn't want his burrito, so before I ate the egg inside, I took a bite. Ugh. My will power is just horrible, I keep falling off the wagon in such stupid ways. Ok, rant over, getting back on the wagon. :neutral:

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're familiar with The Flylady but I found her when my kids were about 3. She mostly deals with housework but she has a segment she calls body clutter and she mentioned this issue. I used to do this as well as eat the rest of my kids' food so as not to "waste" it. She points out that if you're eating something your body doesn't need, you're still wasting it only its going to your actual waist rather than the trash. As far as taste testing goes, I would appoint one of the carb eaters in the family as official taste tester. Its probably one job you'll never have to nag them about. :D
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Eating off my wife's plate and my daughter's plate was a large contributing factor to me gaining more weight than I wanted. Stopping that was key to me getting back to where I want to be.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Spit the *kitten* out!

Actually, if it is truly about just "taste" then this works. You don't have to swallow it to taste it. Just think of a wine tasting.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My WW leader used to say "If you bite it you must write it."
  • ZRx4
    Options
    @lowcarbforme2016 good point! My carb eater was MIA last night and he leaves at 445am. Just SOL on that lol. My kids don't like blueberry muffins, can you believe that??!! Blueberries, yes. In muffins, nope!

You are all right, it comes down to my willpower lacking. I'm about 10-15 lbs from my goal, so I'm close and I need to stay focused so I can get there. I'm gonna keep the wine tasting in mind, for future tastes lol. Thanks all!
  • ZRx4
    Options

I usually do. My carbs are generally under 50 grams. Which is low carb, just not Keto. I wonder if I can still lose that way. Hmmm.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    ZRx4 wrote: »

I usually do. My carbs are generally under 50 grams. Which is low carb, just not Keto. I wonder if I can still lose that way. Hmmm.

No reason that you can't as long as your total calories are in line as well.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight. Vegans don't start eating meat when they go on diets to lose weight. Calories count.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Way back in the day when I lost my initial 80 lbs on WW I had a leader who advocated everybody carry around a gallon ziploc bag. Any time you're tempted to take a little taste, or stick your finger in that frosting, or finish off your kids chicken nuggets take that food, and stuff it in the ziploc. At the end of a week you may be AMAZED at how much FOOD is in that bag. The visual of all those "little" bites really hits home.

Also it's disgusting. And kind of cool.

Do you... bake it or steam it?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I imagine that after a week without refrigeration, you toss it in the trash, not consume it...i.e., it's disgusting to look at as well as disturbing enchanting.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    ...And this is why some kids love their dessert before their meal. It all goes into the same place anyway....
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I dono....might try rolling into little freakish mystery meatballs and frying.