Strong Curves Friends!

Options
ElishaLovely
ElishaLovely Posts: 14 Member
Hey! I can see that all of the previous discussions are from last year most recently, so I wanted to get another discussion going and perhaps find some friends that are also doing the program. I'm thinking of starting the Booty-ful Beginnings workout program tomorrow. I have previous experience with Blogilates and love her, but wanted to try something different. Thanks~

Replies

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'll add you. I just finished week 3 of Booty-ful Beginners. I'm loving it and getting stronger everyday.
  • vjambois
    vjambois Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just ordered the book. Hope to get up and running this week.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi, I wanted to start Strong Curves and I found this forum and would love to be friends! I was a little worried because this forum didn't seem active so I am excited to see other's doing this program. :)
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hey ladies! I was part of this group about 2 years ago but after a back injury went into hibernation mode as far as lifting weights. I am back and am doing a modified version of Strong Curves that my physical therapist helped create to cater to my lower back (no deadlifts, etc. for me :(). I have also gotten into yoga on the advice of my PT to help strengthen my core - and to my complete surprise fell in love with it. Would love to add a few new friends although to be honest I am not the most active MFP friend, but I do post my workouts weekly and am always up for some messaging.
  • PearDragon
    PearDragon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday!
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My book arrives next Monday! I do Bodypump 3x/week and I'm looking forward to mixing up my gym routine.
  • celinaaharris
    celinaaharris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been meaning to start this program for years. I recently moved some things around in my schedule and I found time to get on it! So excited!
  • JazzOdyssey
    JazzOdyssey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started my 4th round of Strong Curves (holy Toledo!) this week. I did BB for one round, then two rounds of GG; now I'm going to do GG again, but probably with more modifications to work on my weaknesses. Stick with the program long term to see result because they just keep getting better and better!
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am currently just started GG. Today I did A for week 1. Tomorrow is B for week 1.

Excited to work though the advanced portion and se what results I get.
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @JazzOdyssey, do you do the program strictly as written? I find myself doing BB hip thrusts instead of the BB glute bridges, mainly because I don’t want to lay on the ground and the HT is the gold standard.
  • _riotgrrrl_
    _riotgrrrl_ Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Began BB yesterday, as a very affordable gym just opened up within walking distance of my home. I'm here so I don't go crazy on food and I'm looking for accountability pals!

If someone could help me out on a substitute for the 45 degree hyper extension? My gym doesn't have the equipment. Will a Swiss ball reverse hyper do?
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Began BB yesterday, as a very affordable gym just opened up within walking distance of my home. I'm here so I don't go crazy on food and I'm looking for accountability pals!

If someone could help me out on a substitute for the 45 degree hyper extension? My gym doesn't have the equipment. Will a Swiss ball reverse hyper do?

I just use a normal bench and put a weight on it so it doesn't tip over. Bret has a video demonstrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnjXAAr29Lc
  • _riotgrrrl_
    _riotgrrrl_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • ElishaLovely
    Options
    Im restarting aftet yhe holidays and I'm almost finished with Week 1 again! I'm also going to start tracking my macros so if anyone has tips for macro fat loss I'm all ears ❤
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @ElishaLovely

I know he gives macro recommendations in the book, but this is what I follow:

Each are per grams per lean body mass (or per goal weight).
    Protein: 0.8 to 1g
    Fats: 0.35 to 0.6g
    Carbs: The rest

Keep in mind these are minimums and can be adjusted to personal preference.

• ElishaLovely
    Options
    @sardelsa thank you! This is super helpful :)
  • eleftheria1971
    eleftheria1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starting SC after my holidays. I've read the book but intend to give it a once over; there's a lot of great info and advice which makes sense. I've been on Strong Lifts for the past few months and, whilst I love its simplicity, I kinda feel pressured to add weight on every workout. As a result, towards the end my form became pretty crappy. BC suggests different ways of progressing, and it's not necessarily only by adding weight. So yeah, feeling good about this program and in the meantime I'll be looking forward to reading the comments and feedback of those of you who are already on it or about to start. :)