Weekly Post 07.05. - 13.05.2017

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
It's still early Sunday morning here and a rainy one it will be....

Had two OK fasts last week, which is more than I had in the two weeks prior. This week I'm away for a course Thu - Sat. And some other stuff going on Mo and Wed. So I guess it will be a semi fast tomorrow and a real one on Tu. Good thing 5:2 is so flexible ;-)

The founder of this group (orlcam) messaged me this week. In 2014 we picked a few group leaders with admin rights. Most of these members are no longer active here or on mfp. Kind of happens when you've been in maintainance mode for a while...

Any way my question to the new and older newbies - can I add a few of you to the admin list (Flossy / KateN / Mamainthekitchen / Meghan /06Cindy/ etc). It does not come with a huge resposibility. Just gives a few more people the right to add/delete things.

Replies

• 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow and Thursday will be my light days. I managed to eat pizza today and cake yesterday and stay in a deficit for the week! I love 5:2! My light days will be tomorrow and Thursday. Tomorrow I have an 8:30Am meeting so may as well skip breakfast and make it a fast day.

And yes I'm open to being an admin, happy to help out!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh geez I'm still sniffling coughing hacking etc!!! Sipping on some concoction I read about online.... crushed garlic steeped in boiling water for a minute then add generous pinch of cayenne pepper, lemon juice and honey! Drink while still hot....Weird, but helps! Really good to heal sore throats and warm you up!

Great job staying in a deficit Cindy!

And Flumi, like Cindy I don't mind helping somehow but I'm also in maintenance....not sure exactly what is needed anyway, but I do check in regularly, so I'm here to help I suppose, but feel free to add the real newbies if they are willing!!!! I do hope you keep up with starting our weekly thread though! It's really one of the only forums with such a thing which I think, has made for a nice group!!! I know starting over each week has actually helped me on my weight loss!!!

It's a quiet week already....
    is everyone out gardening??
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone else is doing better than I am! What a week! Fingers crossed that I can get one fast in this week.
    @flumi_f I wouldn't mind being added to the list. :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Hey Peops...off to a course for the next 3 days. So all bets are off.

Thanks to those who said yes to admin rights. It does not involve any word. It's just that if the old admins disappear, someone else has the right to edit and delete ;-)

Had a great afternoon with my sis. 3h on the lake with our Sips in gorgeous weather. Dinner on her new terrace including Lakeview, cows and a little fire. Doesn't get much better than that :)

Have a good rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    A quick hello from beautiful Mexico. B)
    Hope everything is going well. No real following a plan happening here this week, but definitely making smarter choices where possible.
    Would totally love to be an admin and help out.
    Chat soon. Hugs.
    Meghan. :#
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Meghan, Cindy and Kate...you have been added to the elite leaders list :p
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hats off to you ladies...thanks for keeping this train on the tracks.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I have been called a lot of things, but "elite leader" is not one of them :p

This has been a heck of a week. Every single day is a rush. I haven't even attempted to fast, but I have tried to be sensible, so we'll see how it goes.

Happy fasting to all of you!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Feeling relaxed and ready to get back to 5:2 after a great week in Mexico!
    Thanks for the Elite add. Will check in soon. Traveling back home today. Boo... lol
    Hugs,
    Meghan
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Meghan, welcome back to reality! I'm ready for my vacation also, it's coming up in just 2 weeks!!

Today I'll be having an early Mother's Day lunch with my mom and sister at FIGO Pasta. I'm not a big fan of pasta but I do enjoy Eggplant Parmesan!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and a Happy Mothers Day tomorrow.