Weekly mini goal challenge - week of 5/8

Options
Calvin2008Brian
Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
Weekly mini goals really work! They allow us to adjust focus in the short-term while still aiming toward a broader long-term target. Setting small goals also provides opportunity to challenge ourselves and (maybe) create new habits.

A weekly mini goal can be scale or non-scale related. Done right, smaller incremental goals let us enjoy an accomplishment here and there along the way, but, ideally, are never set so high that they cause undue stress if we fall short.

If you want to join in this challenge, just jump in!

What is your weekly mini goal this week?

How did you do with last week's mini goal?

Replies

• Calvin2008Brian
    Options
    Last week: 5 days under 1800 calories. It went kind of . . . meh. I had 5 days under calorie goal, but only with activity calories factored in. I can do better than that, so I'm scoring it a miss.

Next week: keeping it the same. (At least) 5 days under 1800 calories.

• trothaar
    trothaar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Last week: Went over my calorie goal on three days, not by a lot, but enough that I posted a 0.3# gain this week. =( The positive thing is that I tracked every single day, even when it got ugly.

This week: Same as last week. Track every day, stay at or under my calorie goal, lose 1#. This will be a challenge, as we're going on a trip this weekend.
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Last week - end the week with my daily average calorie intake for the week below my daily calorie target. I didn't make it.

This week - Same as last week.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Last week – track everything I ate. I did that six out of seven days.

This week, stay under calorie goal five out of seven days.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    This week I would like to do 4 days under 1800 cal. And the other 3 somewhere near that.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Last week made my step goal of over 7,000. With my my new Fitbit!

This week: increase steps three days to 10K, four days at least 7,000+

Strive for a loss at Thursday WI, that would be six WIs in a row with a loss!

• RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ok... I have been talking a lot about goals with my trainer and boss (my eating guru)
    So let me give this a shot

This week: Add 3 days of cybex (minimum 30 minutes)
    Create two new recipes
    NO DAIRY AT ALL
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Options
    What is this cybex of which you speak, @RedSassyPants?
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Cybex is a brand name actually. It is an Arc trainer. Similar to an elliptical.
    My trainer refers to it as the cybex so I know what piece he is talking about