Like a Glove- anyone try them?

Options
cimarrona27
cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
I ordered a pair thinking they will help me track measurements and progress.

Anyone try them? What were your thoughts?

Replies

• cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm not getting them for buying jeans but for weight/size loss tracking.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this is I'm thinking. Is this creepy? Is it an interesting use of technology? Is it really that hard to find jeans? Is this kind of Amazing? Why is that woman so damn happy? Is that orange thing weirdly placed or is it just me? Is it odd that you have to "turn on" the leggings? When your size changes do you have to order new leggings?

It's all so.....confusing. lol.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    That is a very expensive type of tape measure. I just have my hubby take my measurements when I want to find out how my size has changed. Much more frugal o:)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy - If you can get them to comply - and to do it within a reasonable degree of accuracy! LOL
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @mmultanen - YES!! It is hard to get jeans that fit. I have a very small waist in comparison with my hips and rounder high butt, and a longer rise, so I have a huge issue with getting jeans that have a tall enough rise while still having a long enough zipper (so that they open wide enough to go over my butt) and yet have a small enough waist that there isn't a ton of material gapping at the back. Quite a few times I have taken jeans in to the tailor to put decent looking darts in the waist if I find a pair that fits the rest of me correctly. I usually find that Western style jeans meant for cowgirls who do barrel racing and penning, or show horses under saddle usually fit me the best.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    This would work amazingly well - if all clothes conformed to a standard fit.

I have thrown out a load of jeans, because they're never gonna be a good fit, ever again.
    However: (UK sizing, guys... here's a handy converter for you....)

M&S store - size 10. fits.

River Island store - size 10 - too big.

Debenhams store - size 10. fits, but gapes slightly round waist. Size 8 a smidgeon too tight.

Top Shop Boutique - Size 12. Too small.

John Lewis store - Size 10 Too big.

WT- actual - F.....?!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    That's actually freaking genius for those of us who don't have time to shop for jeans! But my fear is always that I'll find the perfect pair of jeans and they'll be out of my price range. I loved when Lane Bryant started doing the different shapes--triangle, circle, and square, I think they were (do they still do that?--I haven't been to LB in a long time!). Before that, I ALWAYS had waist gap. Always.