Little weight loss...

Options
Daisyboohoo
Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
I had my laparoscopic gastric bypass op a week ago. This morning i weighed for the first time and only lost 0,1kg/0,2lbs.

Thought I would loose some more by now, but still bloated and swollen.

Can this be the reason for little (almost no) weight loss?

How does it work from here? How long before I will see more and faster weight loss?

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly normal. I came home from the hospital weighing 11 pounds more than the day before surgery, and it took about a week to take that weight off. Everyone gains some in the hospital. Next, pretty much everyone hits a little stall at maybe three or four weeks after surgery. This will happen to you, too. But after that stall clears, you should have a few months that are very consistent from week to week. At least, as consistent as they can be.

All of this is dependent on how much you have to lose, and how much you lost before surgery. If you did a great job of losing before surgery, you will lose a little slower after. If you didn't do as well, you will lose a little faster post-op. Just remember everyone is different. Stick to your plan. Weigh all your food, log everything, drink, and do all the exercise you can. You will be amazed at the results.
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I also gained over 10 pounds while I was in the hospital from all the liquids they pumped into me. Your body needs time to get back to normal after the shock of surgery. Give it time and try not to worry about the scale and numbers. Your surgery will do it's job and your weight will start to drop.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad Daisy. I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and have only lost 3 lbs! I'm very discouraged but I have to believe the weight will come off sooner or later.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    It's all good! I was 11 pounds heavier the day after my surgery and it took a good 2 weeks to get rid of that. It's mostly water from the IV fluids. After that gets out of your system, you're going to melt away. Hang in there...your body has no choice but to drop pounds for the next 9 months or so! :o)

Walk, walk, walk!!! :o)
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Don't feel bad Daisy. I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and have only lost 3 lbs! I'm very discouraged but I have to believe the weight will come off sooner or later.

It will!!! Don't be discouraged! :o)