Anyone else have a severe allergy to the Dermabond incision glue?

ppmintpatty
ppmintpatty Posts: 18 Member
Had to have the Dermabond removed from my incisions and put on cortisone pills and cream one week post op. It brought my weight loss to a screeching halt. So frustrating since I am only 3 weeks since surgery and have only lost 2.4 pounds this past week while eating only 600 calories a day and walking daily. My first two weeks I lost 13 pounds and another 18 pounds in the 2 weeks prior to surgery while on a liquid diet. So total is 33 pounds but the 2.4 pounds is really getting me down. This is the time where weight should be melting off of me. Has anyone else been through a stall early on due to cortisone?

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    I haven't personally gone through your situation BUT cortisone is definitely playing a part in this! I will tell you to keep doing what you are doing and the weight will fly off before you know it. Your body has gone through a major surgery and had an allergic reaction as well. Give yourself time to heal and before you know it, you will be over this bump in the road :)
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Think of it this way, the low loss or stall in Week 3 is something most of us experience (I didn't lose an ounce for 9 days in my third week!), so this might just be a run of the mill Week 3 slow down, though 2.4 pounds is pretty good!
  • ppmintpatty
    ppmintpatty Posts: 18 Member
    Love being part of this awesome community! Thanks for the encouragement. I am learning so much from all of you. I have my first post op appointment with my dietitian tomorrow and am so glad that I logged every morsel so that I can show her what I've been eating. I remember being told that this surgery doesn't work for about 5% of patients. I pray I am not that 5% after all I've been through!