Feeling feverish...

Options
4031isaiah
4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
I've been doing Keto since April 24 and the ketostix consistently show ketones so I know my carb intake is low enough and I'm in ketosis. But almost no weight loss (like 0.2-0.4/week). I posted a few days ago asking what I'm doing wrong and it was suggested that I reduce my fat intake (which was 100-112g/day) and increase my protein which was around 60-70ish g/day.

I reduced fat and increased protein. Both are around 85-90g.

Now, for the 2nd say in a row, I feel headachy and tired. I average around 3500 mg of potassium and 3500-4000mg of sodium but hadn't had any broth yet. Yesterday, I automatically assumed that was the problem and made myself some chicken/beef broth that had about 1600mg of salt and 600mg potassium.

About midway through the drink, I started to feel light-headed and feverish. I stopped drinking it and finished the day with plain water and about 2700mg of sodium and 2300mg of potassium (I take potassium supplements).

I still feel feverish and headachy today. Could I be getting too much sodium/potassium? Could I now be not getting enough fat? This is a new symptom for me and I'm not sure what to make of it.

*I should also mention, I am not sick.

Replies

• SueMizzou52
    SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I would say even more sodium (unless health concerns interfere). I typically need 5,000-7,000 mg, otherwise I get headachy and dizzy.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    About 11 cups/day
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I too, have discovered the hard way, that my body prefers 6000-8000mg of sodium. So you have my sympathies and my apologies...I don't really have much to add to this discussion that would be helpful.
  • 4031isaiah
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No need to apologize. That's helpful. I was worried about getting in too much sodium and was going up to around 4000mg. Maybe I need to be getting in more. I had a 1600 mg sodium cup of broth now and a few pickles. Got up to 4700+mg. I'll try to repeat that tomorrow and hopefully I'll feel better.