fallen off the wagon

Options
JessiBelleW
JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
Well team, tonight I have fallen off of the wagon.

Took the kids to willy wonker jr at the kids theatre and ate some of their chocolate and then after dinner reached for the crisps. I'm not 100% sure why as I have been finding it very easy to stay on track, I am tired today. I guess also today has been a hungry one (normally I go to the gym then eat breaky at 11ish, by 9 I was ravenous) but I had a great lunch; homemade burger patty and a salad. Its harder to guard against future slips when unsure of why this one occured :/

Still tomorrow is a new day

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Still tomorrow is a new day

And a great day to get and stay on track! Minor blip in the program. Never let one meal, one day derail you. Remember why you started.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    YES, tomorrow is a new day!!!

Are you getting enough protein??? Increasing my protein has definitely helped curb some of my cravings for chips, might be worth a try.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Phew! This is good as it means you really are human! ;)

Seriously, though, I found straying was good because it made how bad I felt after eating that poison much more obvious after having gotten use to feeling good. It essentially took away the temptation to eat that crappy carbage.

I imagine along the way to getting overweight and having health that is not as optimal as you would like, there were days where you did eat right. Unfortunately, not enough. In the same way, on the way to getting healthy again, you will have days where you don't eat right. The key is to make them few and far between.

Hang in there!
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I cheated yesterday. I learnt from this I was because I was not prepared.

Perhaps make some no sugar, low carb chocolate fat bombs, peanut cups etc or kale chips with cheese to keep handy so you're not tempted? A few pieces of dark chocolate is good if over about 80% cocoa.

I find the more tired I am the more I want chocolate!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Tum22 wrote: »
    I cheated yesterday. I learnt from this I was because I was not prepared.

Perhaps make some no sugar, low carb chocolate fat bombs, peanut cups etc or kale chips with cheese to keep handy so you're not tempted? A few pieces of dark chocolate is good if over about 80% cocoa.

I find the more tired I am the more I want chocolate!

Cupboard Purge!
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I take a cheat day every so often. Usually it's a result of some function/event. It's really no big deal, if you're diet is on 6 days a week (as long as you don't go absolutely crazy with it).
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Some alcoholics wouldn't do so well on 6 days of sobriety.... Probably not a good idea for some folks with carb issues, either.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Simply begin again.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Hmm. Some alcoholics wouldn't do so well on 6 days of sobriety.... Probably not a good idea for some folks with carb issues, either.

No, but there again, in some quarters, cold turkey is advised.... Join any AA group and they expect you to make the effort to stop.
    Being cloistered in a clinic, you can be monitored and taken off the juice bit by bit. This option involves parting with money....
    When you volunteer abstention and attend AA - that's it. It's just you, your Mentor and a whole whack of Willpower.....
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I can't cupboard purge - I live at my job and the kids crips that I ate (cheeto's anyone) were brought with my employers money. Like I said I'm normally pretty good at sticking to the WOE - I keep cream for snacking on (and cheese) I'm not really sure what happened, which makes it hard to prep for in the future!

In terms of protein: i make frittata for breaky week days and I have a side yogurt, for lunch I normally have a some sort of meat or fish and salad (which i make with olive oil and the good cheese) for dinner I normally have some meat and veggies - thursday was turkey meatballs and zoodles