Im nursing - anyone else in the same boat?

Options
kattisatmc
kattisatmc Posts: 1 Member
I would love to stay connected to other moms who are nursing and trying to get back in shape. This is my fourth baby.

Replies

• kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I nursed both my kids.. and even tandem nursed my oldest and youngest for a few months. It has been a few years now since I have breastfed but as you most likely know it is amazing for weight loss. Breastfeeding burns a ton of calories a day... as well as hundreds of other benefits for your body.

With both my children I breastfed for so long and therefore was not drinking alcohol and I was really watching what I was eating due to regular sensitivities my children would have such as dairy etc that I quickly lost all the baby weight and went back to my pre-baby weight - fat storage and body did not look the same - but on the scale, the numbers were good.

After I stopped breastfeeding and decided I was not going to have any more children, it is then I started introducing alcohol back in my diet and 2.5 years later I gained 12-15lbs.

I have since lost 6-8lbs in the past 9 months strictly from working out 3-4 times a week and going 1200 calories per day 4-5 times a week - usually mon-fri. Saturday and Sunday I do not eat a ton of food, but I add alcohol back into my diet and that always puts me over my 1200 calories.

Best of luck to you.. 4 kids is a blessing! Are you doing any at home workouts? With the little ones at home and me being a single mommy I really find at home workouts my go to thing..
  • PeeshaPi
    PeeshaPi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 6 month old. :) Trying to get back to my goal weight by mid-Sept. I'm more than halfway there, but now I need to introduce some exercise to meet it! EEK!
  • saphiresleaman461
    saphiresleaman461 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm also nursing my 6 week old this is also baby 4 for me I'm also looking at home work out to do add me if you like we can become friends and help each other out on what works best with kids!