Anyone with success stories/progress from being underweight?

Options
Hamsibian
Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
Hi ladies!

I finally started working with my pt again after a bad flare up last year. I lost a lot of weight, but now i am eating enough to gain .5lb per week. I was wondering if any of you started lifting when you were underweight? I see a lot of success weight loss stories, but not the other way around.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I didn't start underweight but I was right at the very low end and very skinny, little muscle mass.

Here is a thread I started about bulking success, there is my pictures in there as well as a few others.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10536832/bulking-and-cutting-progress/p1

• Hamsibian
    Options
    You look fantastic! I am a few inches taller at 5'11", and my upper body is somewhat similar shape, so this is inspiring. I don't think I'll ever have a butt and legs like yours though - they are amazing :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    Yea my upper body is not as impressive (unless I am flexing or just coming out of a workout and have the pump going) but I wanted to focus on my lower body which meant less upper body work. You should have seen my glutes when I started! After having my first baby I lost so much weight and all my booty. I built most of it back up with my first bulk cycle, so it is possible ;)
  • Hamsibian
    Options
    Good for you! I have bulked up before I got sick, and the two best things were how my arms looked and how my glutes filled out nicely in my jeans. It's going to be a longer process this time, but I am excited for it. I already gained a pound from Friday to yesterday - I am sure some of it's water weight from more consistent lifting, but I am hopeful it will stick. Congratulations on your progress, by the way :)
  • Hamsibian
    Options
    I would love to hear more stories if there are any! I had my fifth session the other day, and I am already increasing some weights. The first few sessions were so rough, but the last two had me in all smiles.