Unexpected benefits of fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Understand, it is a new trend seems like, I guess I could see how people may think that is standard.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yeah that was definitely what I was thinking - that I was doing it wrong and had to do one or two extended fasts a week! Not that I ever did that - just kept thinking I was a bit of a failure because I couldn't see myself going a whole day without food!!

But I absolutely don't think there is anything wrong with discussing different ways of doing things - to each his own, for sure...
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I want to fast eventually for health & spiritual reasons but I'm going to wait a little while. As along as things are moving along as they should, I think I'll save it as a tool for when I may need one.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thank you for pointing out that extended fasts aren't required for success with OMAD. It was really seeming that way to me. As I get frustrated with no progress because of the usual starting up missteps, I was thinking I had to include long fasts for success which made me fail even harder. Fasting for 23 hours is challenging enough to me - trying to go for 48 would be an epic fail.
  • alimk43
    alimk43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This has been really helpful as I was wondering if the extended fasts were the norm. I'm happy with my one meal a day plus I normally have a snack or two in the evening. I'm not really counting calories at the moment - if I do that I feel like I'm dieting and therefore failing if i go over. All good though - I feel so much more in control and happier because I'm not beating myself up for over eating during a day.