I'm new here!

Options
tiermorelass
tiermorelass Posts: 5 Member
Hello everyone - thought i'd introduce myself as I'm hoping to make some support network friends who may be in a similar kind of weight loss position to me.

I'm Rachel, from the UK. I used to work full-time with horses, could eat whatever I liked and weighed a steady 56 kgs (123lbs) at 5'10 high - I was always 'the skinny one'. I've gradually moved into more office based jobs and now here I find myself 5 years on and 14kgs heavier - I maxed out at 154 lbs. The bulk of the weight gain has been in the last twelve months.

Now I fully appreciate that I'm still absolutely within the 'normal' BMI range; but I know that I am far less healthy, mobile and comfortable than I was when I weighed ~60kgs, so I'd like to get back there. Not quite as light as I was (which was underweight) but just at the bottom of the BMI healthy range.

Furthermore I still do a lot of riding and one of my competition horses is really quite a petite fella and he is undoubtedly more comfortable when I am lighter - so he is an extra bit of motivation.

I joined NOOM 10 days ago and started counting calories (i'm shocked at how many I was packing away before!!) and have lost 5lbs in that space of time, although I'm sure a lot of it is water weight and it's now going to get much harder. I've left Noom as thought it didn't seem good value, so I've joined here instead. So hello!

Rachel

Replies

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel, welcome to Mfp. Hoping you have much success here!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel! Fellow UK 5'10"er here! Not a slim build like you by the sounds of it though. Calorie counting is definitely a good start, and perhaps build some extra exercise (cardio) in to your routine to make up for the desk job. I feel that pain, I have a desk job too and have to make a very conscious effort to move more and eat less.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from the uk too. I also have quite a sedentary job, I try and get up and walk about when I can. I too was shocked at how many calories I was consuming, sometimes around 600 calories for just a snack!!! Good luck.