I'm back!

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
It's been a while since I checked in here. Have had a lot going on over the past three weeks or so -- including a trip to visit my son for a week or so. I didn't even open my laptop bag while I was there and I must say it was pretty nice! I don't use the MFP app on my phone -- only use it via my laptop.

Have also dealt with some things going on with some friends which have had me in a funk. One of my long-time friends (since high school) found out that her husband has lung cancer which has spread to his spine so that got me down pretty good. Went and spent a couple of days with them to just give a little moral support.

Add to that, another long-time friend lost her 38-year-old son totally unexpectedly a week or so ago. His memorial service was yesterday and they aren't even sure of the cause yet. He left behind his mom and dad (my long-time friends), his wife, a 7-year old daughter, and another daughter who's only 18 months old. So very sad and what a reminder of how short life can be.

These two events sort of caused me to get into a real funk and give myself a bit of a pity party for a couple of weeks. I was actually pretty happy to see that I was only up 3.5 pounds (since my last weigh-in on 5/2) through all this. But now it's time to think about ME and get myself back on track.

Replies

• TimDumez
    TimDumez Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Cindy! You were missed!! I'm sorry that you had to deal with such sad events while you were away. And as you already know, and have shared with people like me, life gets in the way of WL at times. That's ok as long as we get right back at it as soon as possible. Good to see you back here..... :)
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Glad your back. Been concerned by your absence. Sorry for what you've been dealing with. We try not to think about it but life is fragile.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,918 Member
    Options
    Cindy, what a bummer. Glad to see you back though.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Cindy. I was just thinking yesterday that I hadn't seen a post of yours in awhile. So sorry for the sad life events that have come your way. Glad you have such long standing relationships with good people.
  • spospo1
    spospo1 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your sad events. Sometimes all you can do is help out the best you can and keep on grinding.....
  • johnlreeb
    johnlreeb Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You were missed. I'm sorry for your woes. You and your friends will be in my prayers.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,532 Member
    Options
    Cindy, glad to see you back here, but sad to hear what has been occurring in your life and your loved ones. Good call to refocus a bit on you now.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Cindy sorry about your sadness. Your back!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your rough weeks. Life throws us some curves sometimes.

Put yourself and your health first.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Cindy!!

Sorry to hear that you went through such rough days. Hang in there!
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Always good to have you here, Cindy. Here's to better days.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Welcome back! Sometimes we just go through periods where the saying "when it rains, it pours"* really comes to life.

*I believe this is the Morton Salt slogan.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you're not "baaaaack" (after months or years). Sorry for your challenges Cindy. As an emotional eater myself, I know those types of situations can be rough. It sounds like you didn't get too far off the rails, but more importantly provided great friendship to those who could really use it.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Welcome back to GOAD ole home. Miss ya.So sorry about your friends.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I also had something GOOD though -- I spent a week with my son in SC over Mother's Day. Unfortunately, my son is an excellent cook (well...on the grill). The better news is that, since he's also trying to drop some weight, most of the meals were pretty "friendly". I'm very proud of him -- he's lost about 40 pounds over the last couple of years.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back...so sorry for all the unpleasantness.