June 20 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    2bibeg8r7t9l.jpg
    With apologies to our dear team mates, @aeshippers and @craigo3154
    For most of us.....it's finally summertime! The last two days have been delightful here at our farm.
    Enjoy your life where ever you are! Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was little dog day at the park. I was feeling my no more dogs mantra go out the window. Thank goodness it just takes one rotten one to bring back the resolution. ;) Lots of dogs in drive thru too yesterday.

Yesterday was the perfect walking day not too hot and a breeze. Now when we started it looked like rain and was sprinkling but it passed. Today is my day to do bag deposits. I am hoping for good karma yesterday the bags were a mess. I have also noticed the next generation doesn't sign their checks they print everything. :/ What happened to taking pride in one's signature? One of the many things to disappear.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @srufus congratulations on the weight loss, great work achieving your monthly goal with 10 days to go :D

Biked to work again today. Everyone at work thinks I'm a little crazy for continuing to bike on these dark frosty mornings (and dark evenings) but I still quite enjoy it and once I've been going for 5-10 minutes I'm plenty warm enough as long as I've got my warm gloves on. Went for a run at lunchtime too, perfect day for it, sunny, not too cold and no wind.
    Tracking and calories both fine.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 20
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 7km in 67 minutes (Hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Cold walking this morning. Winter is really setting in and it felt like the wind was straight from Antartica. It may not snow here, but feels like it should at times.

Usually meet a few of these on my walks. They don't seemed worried by the cold.

ceuuffgog17e.jpg

@srufus. Well done form making up the difference (and getting to you 170 target).

Instead of steps on the balcony why not do some basic bodyweight strength and cardio work to make up the difference (squat, plank, lunge, spot run, arm swings, etc.. - plenty to choose from that will burn calories in a small area and do much more for you than pacing). The 10k steps recommendation is really for walking or running places (and for tracking relative activity in a day).
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 is that a kangaroo?Where do you live that it's feels like winter?
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    June 20

Cold walking this morning. Winter is really setting in and it felt like the wind was straight from Antartica. It may not snow here, but feels like it should at times.

Usually meet a few of these on my walks. They don't seemed worried by the cold.

ceuuffgog17e.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your fun pic from down under. So cute! I saw plenty of jackrabbits on the trail this am, but they are way to fast for me to ever get good pics. We have a massive heatwave out here in California, so I ran early today but it was still hot!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 is that a kangaroo?Where do you live that it's feels like winter?

That is a wallaby (smaller cousin to a kangaroo - this one is about 2'3" tall and round 33 lbs). They move the same as a kangaroo, bounding on both rear legs counterbalanced by the tail.

I live in Melbourne, Australia (and it is Winter here).
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes,yes,yes. Bike
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @craigo3154 Thanks for sharing the wallaby photo! I've never seen a photo of one before.
    Today's report:
    Last week was my first full week of eating gluten free. I had two failed weeks while transitioning from gluten full to gluten free. Most gluten free recipes are higher calories and higher glycemic values than whole grain wheat. US wheat producers grow numerous GMO wheats. There are no longer any "amber waves of grain", just 18" to 2' tall wheat. It makes me bloat and feel uncomfortable. But I love great whole grain breads. I have lost 3lbs since last week with no reduction in calories. I think it's just excess fluid loss.
    Tracking: ok
    Calories: ok
    Exercise: walking ok
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 My husband and I were in Melbourne for the Australian tennis open this past January 2017. Loved Melbourne.
    Pickle ball, weights at the gym and lots of housework today.
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Quick check in for me tonight as it is 11:30 pm and I just finished my workout. The day got away from me and I do not want to take a pass if I can help it. So yes to all three. I'll catch up tomorrow. Blessings to all!
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers Thank you ! I am so happy to be in the 160's :)

@craigo3154 Superb picture of the wallaby ! Never seen a picture of one before.
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    @srufus. Well done form making up the difference (and getting to you 170 target).

Instead of steps on the balcony why not do some basic bodyweight strength and cardio work to make up the difference (squat, plank, lunge, spot run, arm swings, etc.. - plenty to choose from that will burn calories in a small area and do much more for you than pacing). The 10k steps recommendation is really for walking or running places (and for tracking relative activity in a day).

Thank you ! And now that you tell me, it makes so much sense to do squats and lunges than walking on the balcony. Will keep this is mind next time :smiley:

@debodom1962 : Wow ! You are amazing :star:

Check in for today
    Exercise : Yes 4.5 mile morning walk
    Calories : Under by 250
    Tracking : Yes

See you all tomorrow.
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Was not as good a day today. I actually had more pain then yesterday. I did continue around inside the house and also out in the back yard. Bud & I are going home tomorrow so it will be so nice to sleep and relax in our own house.

Exercise yes
    calories ys
    tracking yes

Good night everyone!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,249 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Ran for 67 min this am. Passed up all the desserts and junk food at soccer team BBQ this evening.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes stationary bike 25 mins.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No, We went out to dinner I am sure I was way over,

My passes are used up.