June 12 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 12
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5km in 45 minutes (Hills - One Tree Hill via the North face).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Large lunch with friends. Great day. Roast lamb with roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, gravy, wine, chocolate pudding, ice cream and cream. After all that full and not feeling like needing dinner (so closed kitchen early). Tracking everything eaten today I was still under (not by much, but still under).

Did walk before going out. Wanted to see what distance the north face route was, but MapMyWalk malfunctioned and erroneously reported distances. Will have to do it again another day.

I would encourage all in the challenge to continue, regardless of the number of passes.

This is not an easy challenge, but the more you persist the easier it will become. Managing weight and health in todays society is not easy (too much "easy food", more distractions, more stresses). UAC teaches and re-enforces the habits that make long term management possible (with people that care and are striving to do the same with the similar challenges).

I welcome any friend request from anyone actively participating in UAC. If you are committed to try, I am committed to support, encourage and celebrate with you as much as possible.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    So I am typing this in bed. Plan was to come to bed, check in and go to sleep but I got so caught up in reading all your posts from yesterday I'm still here and still awake. Wish I had time to respond to them better but I'll just say thanks everyone for your honest, supportive and inspirational posts and well done to everyone as it sounds like you're all making progress even if it involves pass days. Once again I feel lucky to be part of this group.

Exercise: cycled to work and went for a run at lunchtime. Was a gorgeous, sunny and warm (for winter) day here today but got a little caught out by the wind, still matched my PB for that route though so pleased.
    Tracking and calories were good and protein was highest so far :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers I am trying to work on my protein too. When I do very well I feel so much better.

Today I am getting the mattress out supposedly no rain.

I am meeting up with Kristen to walk today even though I have today off. Work is just around the corner and they are calling for rain later in the week. So why not. ;)

Lots to do today. I need to buy mulch . I am going through the photo albums in order to make albums for my siblings and daughter. Funny how I just don't care but these things mean a lot to them.

Time to get moving . I think I will call on the mulch and save myself a trip or 2. Till later Sue

• Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,271 Member
    Options
    damn those lying scales !!!

I've weighed in today and my weight remains the same .... I only measured 1 week ago so i didn't expect any results there either !!! .. however I measured just to make sure

I use this site to measure BF / lean mass http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

AND!!! ......

In ONE WEEK
    I have LOST .........
    2 inches from my belly
    1 inch from my hips (widest part round the bum)
    I have lost 1 % of of my body fat
    I've lost 2 lbs of fat

I've GAINED ..........
    2lbs of lean mass

so yay me!!!! .. I actually couldn't be happier with a 0 lb loss on the scales

Roll on 3rd of July when I can measure and record my "size' losses

who needs that damned scales anyway!!!

remember to measure its so much more of a feel good factor to lose inches :)
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I went back and read all of these responses from last night and @everyone YOU ARE AWESOME. I actually had to look up INTJ and guess what, I found my picture under the definition.

I am also a self sabotager and in the past, if the scale wasn't right where I thought it should be, stinkin thinkin would set in and it would set me up for a week or month of binge eating. I've gotten better at just acknowledging the gain and moving on.

Hold on to the wagon, walk beside the wagon, just do what you have to do to stay with us. So glad we have each other to hang on to.

Got to go get on the scale. Good or bad, it's my weigh in day.
  • scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    aeshippers wrote: »
    So I am typing this in bed. Plan was to come to bed, check in and go to sleep but I got so caught up in reading all your posts from yesterday I'm still here and still awake. Wish I had time to respond to them better but I'll just say thanks everyone for your honest, supportive and inspirational posts and well done to everyone as it sounds like you're all making progress even if it involves pass days. Once again I feel lucky to be part of this group...
    I couldn't have written that better myself! Wish I could write to each of you, but I only have time for a quick check in.
    Yes, yes and yes.
    I was swimming and running today. So 90mins of heavy.breathing. Food was lots of spinach and clean home cooked chicken.
    I am still clinging on to the wagon!
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,271 Member
    Options
    calorie budget yes
    track yes

exercise yes 24 minutes

I went back and done the same walk that I done exactly one month ago when I re started my journey

1.27 miles
    1 month ago it took 30 minutes and I had sore calfs etc
    today 24 minutes and I feel great :)

although a few years ago (back when I had lost my weight originally) I had got that time down to around 17 minutes, can't wait till I lose some more weight so that I can run (or rather partially run) it again, and maybe even take some more time off :)
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    ... I actually had to look up INTJ and guess what, I found my picture under the definition.

@debodom1962. Probably right next to mine :)
    I am also a self sabotager and in the past,...

I had to learn to build "slack" into my perfectionist goals. Like:
    - I am allowed 3 pass days a month.
    - I am allowed 2 consecutive days without strength exercises.
    - I am allowed bad days, just not consecutive, and no playing "catchup" or overcompensating.

I allow these concessions in others, so I MUST allow these concessions for myself. Took a LONG time to learn.
    ... if the scale wasn't right where I thought it should be, stinkin thinkin would set in and it would set me up for a week or month of binge eating. I've gotten better at just acknowledging the gain and moving on.

This is one of the reasons I weigh daily. If I'm going go get bad news, it only affects a day, not a week.

Other advantage of daily weigh over weekly is that:
    1) A "bad" reading will only affect you for a day (if you let it).
    2) You see the daily fluctuations (my graph is very interesting and usually not linear).
    3) The actual weight number on it's own means less and less and the "trend" become a more important part.
    4) You quickly realise that it takes time for things to move. Work hard 2 consecutive days and the weight may start to move 2 days later, some foods store more fluid in the body than others, fibre takes time to pass out of the system, etc...
    5) Weight is an aggregate of components that are difficult to separate (body fat, lean muscle, water, etc..). The mix of these components change daily.

Other things are more important than weight (family, friends, integrity, health). These are not measured by the bathroom scales.
  • debodom1962
    Options
    @craigo3154 yes, I think I did see your picture there ;) Thank you for all the words of wisdom. I actually do weigh daily which is probably why the number doesn't have as much power over me as it used to. I still acknowledge it and go on. My "official" weigh in day for my other Team Challenge is Monday, so I "officially" weigh in on Monday. My weight moves so slow that I'll play up and down with one pound for weeks, and then finally, that number will disappear forever, and it will be like that with the next number. I've also had to let go of the perfectionist crap. It was driving me and everyone around me bonkers. I've got a little OCD tendencies and also control issues. One of the most liberating feeling was finally letting go of trying to control others and all aspects of my life. I was so sick of micro managing and overthinking everything that I just finally hit myself up side the head and let it go. It wasn't easy and sometimes the tendencies try to come back, but I hit myself in the head again and let it go.

• debodom1962
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 50 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes strength plus time outside playing with pups
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Absolutely.

You know, it's funny, I used to hate tracking my food. I have been through WW a few times (to no avail) and that was always a sore point with me. But MFP makes it easy. I find that if a dish has multiple entries, I always pick the one with a higher count because I'd rather be over than under. And I am putting more and more recipes in to get a more accurate count and I'm moving more because I'm involved in some challenge groups too. Hope everyone has a great evening.