June 5 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @Dosse1320.

June 5
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km+ in 27 minutes (Flat - further station).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Slight discomfort in left ankle while walking today, hopefully nothing serious. May have overdid it on the weekend. A couple of days of slightly easier walking (and more strength work) may see the discomfort go.

Work is ramping up again, so more trips into the city and less time to walk (maybe a good thing just at this moment).

@aeshippers Great goal list. Sure you will get to all of them.

It took me over 3 months to be able to do over 30 pushups without stopping. (@captainfantastic94 had a push up challenge last month.) Work at it and you will get there. (I have LOTS of tips on bodyweight exercise, just ask). However I don't think my knees could cope with running for the length of time you do (or even get close).
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers and @craigo3154 I do not have the body architecture for running, so I do lots of aerobic walking with my heart monitor. @aeshippers. Thanks for sharing your inspirational goal. That will help others to share their own personal goals. Written goals for more often met, especially when shared with the UAC team.
    I started today feeling great. Did 30 minutes of very active stretching and then 28 minutes of intense Cardio/Strength Intervals. Heart monitor reports 210 calories of burn.
    Have a great day!! Rick
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @Dosse1320 - Wishing you a most wonderful Birthday!
    and
    Yes, 60 is absolutely the new 40. <3
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers. my whole family did the challenge from: hundredpushups.com

I would highly recommend it! I started at only being able to do ten crummy push-ups to being able to do 100! You can print out exactly what to do over the month, and it is fun to do with your family. This was several years ago, and I have continued to do push-ups as part of my strength training. Definitely helps sculpt shoulder/triceps and also core. Plus you feel so strong! Push-ups are one of the best exercises ever.
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Quick question.....are our exercise calories included in our daily allotment or is that considered going over if we use them? I haven't, don't have any plans to, but just wanted clarification "just in case".
  • scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Quick question.....are our exercise calories included in our daily allotment or is that considered going over if we use them..

I wondered that too @debodom1962 I decided to try not to use my earned cals, except on the tougher days (like events, meals out, Pmt). I believe one will still loose weight if one eats all cals earned, it will just be slower weight loss. Im not sure if eating earned cals is against the UAC rules though.
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @phoebelayla I'm so sorry about your cat. It's as hard with fur kids as it is with our two legged kids. Hugs to you.