Best Low calorie Options for High Calorie Food?

Options
chickensoupy
chickensoupy Posts: 1 Member
Hi There! ^^
I'm wondering if any people have any alternatives for high-calorie foods?
Im Gluten, Oat, Lactose and Coffee intolerant so a lot of things are limited for me.

Does anyone know alternatives for foods such as rice, fruits eg. bananas and oranges, or any low calorie ways to make your own plant milks or muesli bars?

Replies

• kieranar
    kieranar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    replace rice with cauliflower, https://ohmyveggies.com/cauliflower-rice/
  • scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @chickensoupy I havent tried it, but I have heard a frozen mushed banana with berries are a similar consistency to icecream and give a sweet hit.

But, try not to focus too much on low cal options to high cal food. The high cal stuff tastes nicer and you will end up using it again. It might be better to change your diet so that the high cal options are still in there, but not as a regular part of your daily diet.

Also watch out for the gluten free or lactose free options. Sometimes, what they put into the products instead is higher in cals, salt, sugar, sweeteners or additives.

To feel fuller for longer eat more clean lean protein and good fats/oils. You are less likely to want the high cal food then.
  • mtcampbell1
    mtcampbell1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Exactly what scubachick67 said. I don't believe there's any reason to eliminate fruits from your diet...even if you're the worst diabetic. Just include them in an overall eating plan which may not be every day for you. Wishing you luck <3
  • grandmachris8870
    grandmachris8870 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    cauliflower rice and carrot spaghetti are good alternatives for high carb rice and pasta and they taste better too