Schedule for May/June Challenges

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
Without further ado, here is the schedule for the May/June challenges:

May 29 - June 4: Theme: Healthy Eating
Challenge: "If You Bite It, Write It" Making sure our food diaries are accurate and reflect what we really ate that day. For those who find food diaries too stressful or cumbersome, food journaling is an excellent alternative and we'll have some resources for that.

June 5 - June 11: Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge (By Request): "Step it Up!" Whether your goal is 10,000 steps a day or something else, let's all spend this week trying to get a move on. Hey, it's been two weeks since we've had a sit less challenge. It's long overdue. :)

June 12 - June 18: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: "Declutter Fest 2017!" The favorite activity of Sit Less Boot Camp participants is back and it's bigger than ever! Why spend just one day organizing and decluttering when you can spend the whole week? Let's get in some last-minute spring cleaning and get those projects DONE! And if you're not sure what decluttering and organizing have to do with health and wellness, there is a connection. Join us and learn more!

June 19 - June 25: Theme: Happiness
Challenge: "Cultivating Gratitude" We all have blessings in our lives. Let's spend some time reflecting on these many gifts. A deeper sense of gratitude often leads to greater happiness. I'm excited to share with you what I've learned as to how cultivating positive thoughts and appreciation can physically change the structure of our brains resulting in even greater happiness and a deeper sense of well-being. You don't want to miss this one!

June 26 - July 2: Theme: Healthy Eating
Challenge: "Fruits and Veggie Extravaganza" Sure, we know fruits and vegetables should be the centerpiece of our diet. But knowing and doing are two very different things. I know I often come up short. This week, let's put the focus on DOING.

Your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions are most welcome! I can't wait to get started!

--Denise

Replies

• fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    ^ These all look like a lot of fun! I look forward to participating starting next week. :)
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge to me!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Looks like some fun.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,023 Member
    Options
    Looks like some great challenges! I'll be here for sure!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I'm in also B)

:flowerforyou:
  • themedalist
    Options
    I'm glad you all are enthusiastic about our upcoming slate of challenges. So am I!

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anyway for me to reach out to each of you through the MFP message system and tell you when a new weekly challenge has been posted. MFP doesn't have that functionality in place. In order to participate in the weekly challenges, you'll have to be in the habit of checking the Challenge-a-Day group website each Monday. Some folks in the past has made the Challenge-a-Day page their browser home page or added a tab on their browser for it as a reminder.

Looking forward to getting started!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! This is so wonderful! What a great plan! I was just watching the You Tube Channel Do it on a Dime this morning and she said that if you have clutter in your house and you mention it, it is causing you stress and that has all kinds of health implications! Who ever thinks of this, so I love the "declutter challenge" because I know that "losing things" (read not putting them back where they belong) causes me all kinds of stress daily!

I'm in! :bigsmile:
  • Fabulous50
    Fabulous50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been very dedicated to journaling my food here on MFP for the past month. Have been a member of MFP for sometime and know how important tracking my food intake is. I like the list of challenges here, will help me to stay on track.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I think every one of these weeks is going to be great! Really good ideas to hit all areas of well-rounded wellness. Thank you for putting this together. I'll be putting these on my calendar to remind me which week it is and to check in. :smiley:
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to learning more about food journaling compared to keeping a food diary. All of the challenges sound great!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Can you please add me in? Thank you...these sound great!!
  • staceyrader2012
    staceyrader2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to the group and new to MFP groups in general. (Not new to starting over with weight loss and fitness though... *sigh*) I think the idea of weekly healthy living challenges is fantastic. Thank you and looking forward to figuring out how all this works
  • themedalist
    Options
    Welcome @LaurieWrobo and @staceyrader2012 and to all our new members! To participate in our weekly challenges, just go to our home page each Monday and the new challenge will be listed:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/52-a-challenge-a-day

(I will likely be posting it late Sunday night. I'm on US Eastern time)

--Denise