Tall girls with large frames, what is your goal weight?

I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 194lbs. I've always been a big girl and I hated it. The in my teen years I got to 235lbs. I was huge, well I thought so. I don't even know what my body frame is. I'm guessing medium or large. I think medium, but my wrists are 6'' in measurement. Anyways, I don'y wanna be lower than 155 because I don't wanna be too thin. I just wanna be healthy. My goal weight is between 155-160lbs.

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I am 5'8" and I guess I have a medium frame? I would've said large frame...til I lost weight and realized it was all fat in there. :) I set my goal at 145. Hung out there for a few months, and decided to try to get to 135-140. I am around 141 right now. I'm a size 6 in most clothes, or S or M top depending on style/brand. I am a "pear" shape, which means I have skinny arms, B cup boobs and a small waist (26 inches) but I have bigger hips and thighs. I think my hips are 39.5 inches right now, and thighs are 22 inches each. I am happy with my weight, but I'm always striving to lower body fat %.
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    I'm 5'9'' with a medium small frame!
    I weight 148 right now and want to get to 140!

I love your goal of in the 150's its a very healthy looking range!!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    I'm 5'10 1/2" with a ridiculously broad frame (apple shape with the broadness of most tall men), and my lowest and healthiest weight was 174lb as a long distance runner training for a 1/2 marathon. I'm at 175lb. too but without the running. Now that I've recovered from an injury, I'm planning on jumping on getting back onto the running bandwagon, so my goal is to be in the 165-170lb range. 169lb would be ideal, as it would be the lowest weight I've ever been, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't make it there because I don't want to put myself in an unhealthy situation.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    5'10, large frame. Currently at 171lbs, would like to be 150-155lbs. I'll reevaluate when I get there.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    5'11", currently 170, working towards 150. I set 150 as a goal, that was the heaviest I weighed during any of my pregnancies. I have obnoxiously long limbs and a short torso, so any weight looks ridiculous on me. :smile: I will also re-evaluate when I reach my goal, but it's more about looking good than the number on the scale. I'm large boned, my wrists are closer to 7".