Smaller waist

sanakhan12
sanakhan12 Posts: 4 Member
Hey ! I need help and suggestions .. About belly fat... I've lost 5 kg.. And weigh 44kg.. Height 5feet. 18years. I reduce on calorie deficit concept.. But manage to cut only 2inch waist in 5months. Its 26 and lower 29... I really wanted to cut few inches..more.
I want to ask about that calorie deficit concept? Should i increase calorie intake to loose belly now ?? Is it true that you have to gain lbs with cardio to reduce belly ?? Muscles building concept..
So confused!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Calorie deficit concept is how you lose fat weight. That's how everyone reduces weight - you did nothing unusual there.

Increasing calories to go from a big deficit to a smaller deficit may not be a bad idea if near healthy weight already - but that has no bearing on where you lose the fat from.

Belly happens to be for most the first place on, last place off.

Gain lbs with cardio to reduce belly?
    Whatever that may mean - no.
    And cardio is not muscles building concept at all.

Strength training, lifting, is.

If weight is generally felt to be healthy, merely fat where you don't want it - then eat at maintenance, no deficit, and do strength training, progressive increase program.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Calorie deficit concept is how you lose fat weight. That's how everyone reduces weight - you did nothing unusual there.

Increasing calories to go from a big deficit to a smaller deficit may not be a bad idea if near healthy weight already - but that has no bearing on where you lose the fat from.

Belly happens to be for most the first place on, last place off.

Gain lbs with cardio to reduce belly?
    Whatever that may mean - no.
    And cardio is not muscles building concept at all.

Strength training, lifting, is.

If weight is generally felt to be healthy, merely fat where you don't want it - then eat at maintenance, no deficit, and do strength training, progressive increase program.

All of this. Keep in mind, a 26" waist and 97lb bodyweight is quite low already. There are diminishing returns on these things, it gets harder and takes longer to make progress along the way. You're right on the border of being underweight already, it may make sense to get some perspective and/or switch up goals.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Let's not forget there are genetic limitations based on structure. Also, there are probably body composition issues from following aggressive weight loss.