Excitement and fear

Options
pitbullmamaliz
pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
I had an awesome weigh-in this morning with a very unexpected big whoosh. I'm now only 2 pounds away from my lowest weight in I don't know, 15-20 years? Essentially my lowest weight since high school or college. And that impending 2 pound loss will also drop my BMI below 30 so I'll be merely "overweight" for the first time since forever, too. Obviously I'm beyond thrilled at this amazing progress I've been having. For the first time ever, literally, I am beginning to think that getting to a healthy weight is actually possible. I've been overweight since I was a kid, so actually having hope is mind blowing. But it's weird because I'm starting to have a little anxiety over that, too. I don't know why. Maybe I worry that maintenance will be really hard for some reason? No idea, but it's strange. Has anybody else experienced anxiety over the fact that they were actually being successful at this weight loss thing for once?

Replies

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And yes, I have felt weight loss anxiety, and also have failed a few times to get all the way to goal. Weight loss brings up all kinds of mixed feelings for me. This time around I intend to just sit with the uncomfortable feelings & see if I get any insights or if they just pass through which is fine too. Hang in there, you are doing great.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    change always makes me a bit anxious, but just think how boring life would be if we didn't get wound up about stuff from time to time
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about maintenance. If you do more of the same that got you there, you'll be fine. Maintenance can be a drag really. Watching the number on the scale go down is far more exciting than watching it do about nothing. :/
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    dieting or losing weight is a pastime. It fills our days.. it has been your goal. When you achieve it.. now what? That is where the panic comes from. Now it is time to move on and live your life and reach new goals ..life goals. It is scary.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Maintenance has always been my issue, and this is the first WOE where I have found success in that area....I think you will find it easier than you think.