New to the group

Options
Happy9887
Happy9887 Posts: 2 Member
Hey, I am new to the group. I have quite a ways to go to reach my goals. I love fresh fruits and vegetables. I really should be in many ways vegan or vegetarian; however, I love fish and chicken. Occasionally I have pork but it so does not agree with me. I Love trying new foods. I love how different cultures prepare different types of food. I am a carb person which destroys me. My fitnesspal is helping though. Any suggestions for a clean eating dinner?

Replies

• hopeananchorforthesoul
    Options
    Hi Happy9887, I just joined this group minutes ago and saw your post. While I need to lose quite a bit of weight, I really want to do it with clean eating. My long term goal is to go completely vegan, but like you I do enjoy Fish and Chicken. I also have way to much of a fondness for Cheese. While I don't have a problem with sweets, I crave starchy carbs. If I could get a handle on that I would be well on my journey to clean eating. I also love trying all sorts of different foods. Just wanted to get my feet wet and make a connection with someone. So thanks for sharing. While I don't have any specific recipes in mind for dinner, I have tried and enjoyed this Kale recipe. check out the link: http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/clean-eating-boot-camp/meet-the-veggies-kale-learn-my-trick-for-sauteeing-without-drowning-your-kale-in-oil/
  • terrbrown
    terrbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies: I see you posts and I want to learn how to eat clean. My problem is the sodium and those dreadful carbs! I did by the color coded containers, so I will start with that.
  • cidalia_mar
    cidalia_mar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've toyed with the idea of veganism, but besides not being convinced that it's the optimal diet for humans, it's too hard with the rest of my family (husband and kids) eating meat. I don't want to always be making separate meals. Additionally, I'm trying to focus on real foods (hence the clean eating thing), and if my vegan options for things like occasional cheese or a hamburger are fake foods, I think I'll pass.