Anyone Doing OMAD with LCD

Options
tlblanksfit
tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
Hello Group,

I was just wondering if anyone was incorporating a one meal a day (OMAD) plan along with their low carb way of eating. I have found doing OMAD to be easier because I only have one meal to be concerned with. I have been losing slowly and steadily since I have been doing OMAD. I started OMAD on 13 May and have lost 4.2 pounds as of my weigh in this morning. Not looking for naysayers, just anyone who has tried it and their experiences.

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    OMAD is just another way of doing a fast; I often do 18:6; that is, I 'fast' for 18 hours, then eat during the remaining 6 hours of the day. So last night I finished dinner at around 8pm, and did not eat anything else until 2pm today. I did drink however; hydration and electrolytes are really important. I ate a snack lunch (some cottage cheese mixed with chopped olives and almonds, olive oil and salt, and a hard-boiled egg.

Tonight I'm eating turkey breast cutlets with mushrooms and salad. Fasting is recommended, but as a wise member here once pointed out to me, don't confuse skipping meals with fasting....

If you find yourself thinking about food, craving food and feeling hungry in a way that you have to fight the urge to eat - something ain't workin'.....
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Hello Group,

I was just wondering if anyone was incorporating a one meal a day (OMAD) plan along with their low carb way of eating. I have found doing OMAD to be easier because I only have one meal to be concerned with. I have been losing slowly and steadily since I have been doing OMAD. I started OMAD on 13 May and have lost 4.2 pounds as of my weigh in this morning. Not looking for naysayers, just anyone who has tried it and their experiences.

There is a group here for OMAD you might want to check them out as well.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/20634-omad-revolution

I tried it but didn't get any different result than from my IF 16:8 protocol. But some people seem to fit it into their busy lives better, just the one meal. Just keeping doing whatever it takes to get your body to drop the weight :)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I do some 18:6. some omad. some 48 hour fasts some 36 I try and keep tje body guessing.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Most day I don't eat until after I get home from work at 10-11pm and then I crush all of my food in one sitting or over the course of a couple of hours. I mostly do it because I've got a bunch of *kitten* to do during the day, and also because I'm still a fat kid at heart and I like the idea of grubbing a pound of ground beef, 4 eggs and a gigantic spinach salad in one sitting.
  • ominousdusk
    ominousdusk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do 18:6, it just happened that way with keto, I was not hungry until 2:00-3:00 in the afternoon, so that's when I just started my day naturally. I think that OMAD sounds very convenient, but for me probably harder than the 18:6. Cause I like to eat between 6:00-9:00pm, but I'd be way too "hangry" (hungry/angry lol) if I waited that long. And I'm not about to be thinking about food like that haha. I do keto because it makes me less hangry! I don't like feeling that way.
    So I guess what I'm saying is, if it works for you though then go for it! Sounds really easy just worrying about 1 meal a day.