NROL4W vs Stronglifts 5x5

Options
SavvyGurl0528
SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
Has anyone used both programs? I have read several post lately that recommend reading New Rules but lifting according to Stronglifts 5x5 plan. I have even read some who say New Rules is complicated? I am currently doing NROL4W and enjoying it. Guess I'm curious what others think or what the difference is between the two.

Replies

• granitendirt
    Options
    I'd be interested in this topic as well. I committed to doing NROL4W and want to finish the entire program. However, I am still in Stage 1 and am a bit turned off by how complicated the later stages look. Stronglifts does seem very straight-forward.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Also curious on this. I did the first 2 stages of NROL4W then started at a gym where we had guided lifting sessions. Due to financial difficulties, I have to leave my gym and will again be working on out on my own and want a lifting program to follow. I was considering strong lifts this time around but want to know what others think.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I haven't done stronglifts but it looks boring. I'd be totally over it very quickly.

I never looked ahead while doing NROLFW (now on stage 7). It's not complicated once you are doing it.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would get bored with Stronglifts. Although some say NROLFW is "complicated," I appreciate that it changes and uses different exercises and different set/rep ranges. I like starting a new stage, mastering all the lifts, improving and then moving on. If my workout was the same all the time, I wouldn't stick with it.

I do a Stronglifts-type of workout once a week or whenever I don't feel like doing a long NROL workout. There's not a rule that you can't mix and match once in a while.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I would get bored with Stronglifts. Although some say NROLFW is "complicated," I appreciate that it changes and uses different exercises and different set/rep ranges. I like starting a new stage, mastering all the lifts, improving and then moving on. If my workout was the same all the time, I wouldn't stick with it.

I do a Stronglifts-type of workout once a week or whenever I don't feel like doing a long NROL workout. There's not a rule that you can't mix and match once in a while.

^ this. I m just finishing stage one but I have read through all the workouts and they are more varied than complicated I think. I might move to stronglifts but right now I love nrol.